2020.

December 31, 2020


Oh, what a year it has been. I think my face pretty much says it all.


Never in a million years would you have thought that a pandemic would occur. 


Well, here's a fairly brief summary on how twenty twenty went on for me. 


This year started off pretty nicely if you ask me, well, at least here in Singapore anyways. 


On January the 9th-16th, we went on a cruise with Royal Caribbean on Quantum of the seas. This year port of call was Thailand and Vietnam. 



In Thailand, it was 2 days and 1 night, so we basically stayed in Bangkok, considering it was a 2 hour long drive from the port and it just made more sense this way. Sadly, by the time we got into Bangkok, it was already 5ish. But still, we managed to do a little bit of shopping, before meeting my mother's friend for dinner. 


So anyways, I got to have my favorite Thai milk tea that I was craving for so badly.



We also visited King Power Mahanakorn which boasts a glass tray experience as well as a 360 degree observation deck, so you can only imagine how nice it was to have a drink at the sky bar. Both my mum and I are not afraid of heights, but this was just next level. We tried walking, but we just couldn't. I guess the thought of being 78 floors up and being able to see all the way down, just made my legs turn to jelly.



We had a pretty early start the next morning. Our driver suggested then we leave at 8am, otherwise we would be caught in a jam. Although I was sleep deprived, I wasn't that worried because I know it would be a 2 hour drive back to the port and I could catch up on some sleep then. Teehee.


So, he took us to the Maeklong railway market. It was pretty interesting. The market is set up alongside the tracks, like really full on and later on is transformed to allow the train to pass. 



He then took us to the floating market. We've actually been, but somehow, I don't have any recollection of it. I know I've definitely been though! I actually have photos of us on our previous visit to the floating market years ago. 



The one and only thing I really wanted, was to have a bowl of beef noodles and that wish was granted there. We basically had our noodles whilst on the boat. It was a pretty challenging experience, but it was delicious!



As for Vietnam, our driver was pretty cool. Although he brought us to tourists attractions, he also took us to places that the locals would visit. 



Oh I did however requested for one thing and that was to have some pho. He brought us to what look like a fast food chain for noodles, but seriously, it was so damn good.



And here are some of the places he brought us to.





Sadly though, it was only a day trip, or should I say, half a day trip. It would have been nicer if we had more time there. 


But nonetheless, I'm pretty sure we all had a good cruise.



Next up was Chinese new year and celebrations went on as per normal here in Singapore. 



By then, cases were gradually growing around the world. 


In March, we went to Batam for the weekend and never did we expect that it would be the end of our "travelling".




Then came April and Singapore went into a lockdown for 2 months. 


Phase 1 followed after and that lasted for 17 days and then after 192 long days, we finally exited phase 2. We're now currently in phase 3, but you know, the fear that it could all turn out to shit once more really scares me. 


Alright, I really need to stop with all these negativity. 


On the brighter side, I managed to spend tons of time with my family, my son included of course. I actually managed to capture tons of cute photos of Tarou-chan and here's a sneak peek. 






Oh, and he turned 10 in September as well!



I also finally got to meet the people who matter most in my life, not all, but hey, considering the fact that I'm still terrified to leave my house, I think I've done pretty well.






And finally, I'm glad I got to celebrate our birthdays and Christmas together, which of course was a nice touch to end a crappy year.





So yes, that's pretty much how 2020 went. 


Please let 2021 be a better year. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.