Aunty Florence's birthday.

December 04, 2020

We all gathered today, to celebrate Aunty Florence's birthday and we literally spent the whole day eating. I kid you not. 


So here's a what we ate.


For lunch, we went to Crystal Jade golden palace. This is now our new goto place for dim sum by the way. Totally love it there.












After that fantabulous lunch, we decided to go check out the newly open souffle pancake joint, Flipper. As we approached from the opposite side, we saw that there was a queue, but it didn't look that long, so we decided that we'd join in. It wasn't that long of a wait actually, say about 15 minutes, so I'm quite please about that. 


I saw some milk drinks and I really wanted to order one, but as you know, I'm not allowed dairy products and I know that the pancake would come with cream, so yes, I resisted that temptation and went for a lemon tea instead. As for the pancake, we ordered 3 to share between us. 





I actually quite liked it! It was super fluffy. ふわふわ〜 


So, with about an hour an a half to burn before our dinner reservation, we decided to walk it off by window shopping at Takashimaya. 


We took a slow stroll to Orchard central, where we were going to have Korean bbq at K.cook. That walk definitely did us some good. 



We had tons to eat. 


I am seriously amazed at how much eating we achieved today, it was no joke. 


And of course, we had to get a birthday cake as well. 


For Aunty Pearly's birthday, I had it all planned out. Earlier in the day, I told Aunty Florence that after the ordering is done, I'd ask her to accompany me to the toilet, but of course, we would buy that cake then. And the surprise worked. Obviously we can't use the same trick twice. So this time, my mum and I planned to drop the cake off at K.cook and then walk over to Paragon. We actually wanted to get a cake from awfully chocolate, so last night, I checked their opening hours and saw 11am, but unfortunately, when we got there, they were closed. We checked again and saw on google that they only open at 2pm. Sigh, I got lied to by the 313 website. Oh wells. We ended up getting a cake from Henri Charpentier yet again, but this time, we got her the mango shortcake. This was my first mango shortcake and boy was it good. 





Happy birthday Aunty Florence ! 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.