Window by the park.

December 11, 2020

 It's fairly amusing how difficult it is to make a reservation for restaurants these days, be it lunch, high tea or dinner, it's pretty much always full.


Well, I suppose with everyone just stuck here in Singapore, with pretty much nothing to do, we eat. 


Before, with a bit of luck, you'd be able to get a reservation made on the same day. Well my friend, that's not happening now. We've tried some places that were a little more popular and they were fully booked, even though we tried several weeks beforehand. It's crazy!


We wanted to go to Marriott for high tea, but that was fully booked. We tried a few more but it was the same thing. We finally managed to get one at Holiday Inn at Orchard called Window by the park.




I can only say that today was my first time there and I probably won't be going back there anytime soon. 


We'll start we the positives now shall we?


I actually quite liked the place and the best part of it was that it wasn't crowded at all. There was probably only 3 other tables that were occupied apart from us. 


What I really didn't like was the location. Although it is in Orchard road, it's basically fairly deep in. It's the one facing CTE. Getting there by grab was pretty easy, but trying to get a grab or a taxi to go home was pretty much impossible. 


And the of course there was the high tea itself. It wasn't bad or anything, but rather, I find that they lack in variety. And if you just look at the photo, don't you think that it's pretty much just one tone. The top tier was basically that 1 burger and some sandwiches. The second tier was just pastries that felt like ctrl+v and the last tier was the sweets. I did quite enjoy the lemon meringue tart and the macaroon, but that was about it. The high tea also came with some scones. Now scones I love, but I did not have any as it was only served with butter and jam. Like, how can you serve scones without clotted cream? 


But hey, it's just my opinion. 


I think the company is always the most important!  

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.