Feeling down.

February 28, 2014


I'm feeling a little down as it is my mother's last night in Singapore.

Last night, Uncle Leng called and said that he would like to have lunch with us as he just came back from Australia. He asked my mum if she knew of any chicken rice shops in town. Immediately we jumped for joy as we had wanted to visit the chicken rice stall at far east plaza but didn't get a chance to do so.

So we met them at about 2ish outside the stall, but we couldn't eat there, as someone was allergic to chicken protein. Well, I guess it was kind of a miscommunication. He thought that they'd sell roast pork. Never mind that. We then had to find another place to eat at. We ended up at some random shop and had tze char.

Here's our simple fare.






So after lunch, we parted ways. We walked around town for a little bit to see if my mum could do some last minute shopping.

As we had a fairly late lunch, none of us felt hungry. We ended up having chicken rice at the food court downstairs. Well, at least we got to eat our chicken rice ?

At about 8pm, we left the house and drove to'Orchard as we were going to have coffee with my mum's friends. We parked at the open space car park just behind far east shopping centre. I was shocked to see that they have implemented a gantry system as just last year it was still the old-fashion coupon. This just shows you how often I go to town.

Luckily for us, Aunty Lynn managed to get us a table as she was the first one there. It wasn't very pleasant though, as the air-conditioning wasn't working. When we asked this waiter and told him that we were feeling very warm, we got the most ridiculous reply ever. He said "Yes, I also hot, I have been here since 6pm". We were shocked to be honest.

So anyways, being the pig that I am, I just had to order the mozzarella sticks.


And trust me, they were good ! But you have to eat them whilst they're hot !

Before I end this post, here's a picture of the gorgeous Aunty Lynn and myself.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.