Oh I hate saying goodbye.

March 01, 2014


My mum is flying off tonight. We've been having so much fun spending time together that it felt like just yesterday we went to pick her up. I guess time really does fly by when you're having a good time.

We left the house early this morning to sort out some stuff at the bank. After 2 weeks of my mum's stay, Aaron finally made some time for us ! Hahaha. We were supposed to get picked up from home by Uncle Joey, but since we were at town, he said he'd pick us up from far east plaza after picking Aunty Sandy up. So we waited at the smoking area. My mother couldn't remember exactly what brand of car Uncle Joey was driving but somehow she had Audi stuck in her head. But I remember that last year when I sat in Uncle Joey's car, he was driving a BMW. And you know what the annoying thing was ? Every Audi that turned in, she went "Ahhhh there come already !". I felt like face palming myself. When they finally arrived, it was a BMW.

We were supposed to head to Maxwell food centre, but there was a change of plan. We were going to have duck noodles at the food centre at Meiling street, which is fairly near where I live. Aunty Sandy then called Uncle Marcus who mentioned that he might join us for lunch. What she said next, made us all laugh. She called him and asked if he was coming and Uncle Marcus said no. She then answered him "GOOD !". Obviously she didn't mean that, she meant it as a "oh good, because we're changing locations and we were worried that you were at Maxwell already". I love Aunty Sandy ! She's jokes !

Now back to lunch.

We had the famous no signboard braised duck. Now this is what I call awesome.




So we had 2 plates of that and that would have be sufficient for the 4 of us, when suddenly Uncle Joey comes back with a plate of chicken !


And knowing that my mother was craving for Hokkien mee and didn't have a chance to eat it yet, he went and got a plate for her.


It was way more than the 4 of us could handle. But the point is, my mother has such awesome friends. I sincerely hope that when I grow old, I'd have good old friends like my mum does.

So anyways, we moved to the other side of the hawker to have coffee as they were saying that the coffee on the other side tasted better. Uncle Nic came shortly after and had a quick lunch before dropping us back home.

My mother managed to do most of her packing before we left the house to attend the sunset mass.

We quickly went home to collect my mum's baggages before heading to the airport where we arranged to meet them all for dinner. We were quite lucky that they managed to get seats. The only problem was, we all had to split into different tables. I guess that's the problem when you have close to 20 people isn't it ?

So we ended up having dinner at this place called pappamia. It was one of the worst place I have ever dined at. They practice the system of self ordering over there - one's where you write the number and the quantity and any special request, which we didn't deem as a problem. The problem was, they couldn't even follow the sheet of paper and got the orders all wrong or they totally forgot about the order. My granny's food didn't even come after every single one of us had finished eating. And I guess it wouldn't be half as bad if the food tasted any good. Boy was it horrible. I ordered Penang laska that just tasted like flavored water - honestly.


Today is my first time and it will also be my last time dining there. One word to describe it - HORRIBLE. 

The three generations.


And my most dreaded moment, captured.


We just parted ways less than an hour ago and I miss her already. What am I going to do ?

。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.