Whole day of eating.

February 18, 2014


Today was a nice slow, chillout day with a whole load of eating.

So I had the luxury of waking up late today. I'm just not a morning person you see. So anyways, Aunty Linda came to pick us up and brought us to the Singapore yacht club to have lunch.

The first thing I saw on the menu was coconut and I just couldn't resist it.


As for food, I just couldn't make my mind up. They had such a wide variety that it drove me crazy. I was going to go for a bowl of prawn noodles by Aunty Linda's recommendation, but I changed my mind as the weather was insanely hot. I went for the salmon instead. My mother on the other hand had a local dish of char kway tiao.



So they spent quite a few hours chatting away, whilst I was play catch of the day till my battery ran dry. My mum and I had a chendol to share as well.


So anyways, it was my first time at the tycht club, but I found it a rather nice place to chill. And they sure serve good food there !

Aunty Linda gave us a lift back home to rest. About an hour later, we headed down to scotts plaza to meet my mother's ex classmates from SJC. We parked at the open space carpark behind far east shopping centre. It's been so long since I've last been there, that I didn't even realized that they change the parking to a gantry system. I think it's so much better though. That way, you'd never have to worry about your coupon running out !

Dinner was at olio dome. They were saying that the food wasn't important, it's the company. And it's so true isn't it ?

So whilst waiting for Aunty Irene, they ordered a platter of appetizers.


I had so much to eat and drink for lunch that I wasn't hungry in the slightest. So when I saw the puff pastry soup, I knew I just had to have that. Sadly, that wasn't available. So I ended up having a soup and a pie separately.



My mum went for the seafood marinara which was pretty good.


And here's Aunty Lyn with her lamb shank.


And here's a picture of my mum and her friends.


We had dessert to share after. I know I said I wasn't hungry, but there's a different stomach for dessert !




I really need to start exercising.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.