Popular.

February 17, 2014
My mother is one very popular lady. Every year she comes back, tons of people wants to meet her. I guess it's because they only get to see her once a year. This is the reason why I stick to her like super glue, because technically speaking, this is the only time I get to spend time with her.

So anyways, she kept the day free. We brought my grand-mother along today. We started the day off by having breakfast at redhill market. As I was too lazy to think of what to have, I decided to have whatever they were having.

And this is what I ended up having for breakfast.


After breakfast, my mum said she wanted to go shopping and somehow, takashimaya became our destination. Most of the time spent shopping were spent in the shoe department. Sounds familiar ? The daughter follows in the mother's footsteps ! My mother ended up buying a pair from americaya & hush puppies. I bought 2 pairs as well. My granny wasn't too amused, but she couldn't say much as she once mentioned that if I wanted to buy new pairs of shoes that I had to throw away some of my old pair which I did just before Chinese New Year - so ha ! Nana - 1, Granny - 0 !




We headed back to let my granny rest before our dinner appointment with my father later in the evening and we brought home some macaroons for tea !


We left the house at about 645pm as we had agreed to meet at 730pm for dinner. The restaurant we were going to dine at was at central. I wasn't really familiar with that place, but somehow we made it to the carpark. That has got to be one of the worst carpark ever built ! It spirals up five floors non-stop. By the time we arrived, I felt sick. When I was younger, I didn't have this problem, it's the recent years that I have this awkward motion sickness.

So anyways, today's choice of restaurant was actually my dad's. He went online to search for buffet restaurants and managed to find kiseki ( 奇跡 meaning miracle ). We already made reservations prior to this as you would, but guess what ? When we got there, there was 2 queues. Can you guess which one was pretty much empty and which one had a long ass non moving queue ? We were shocked. We were so tempted to actually just switch to the walk-in queue. The other thing I found really weird, was that you had to pay first.

Here are some of the dishes that we ate.







Now for the conclusion.

I would agree that they had quite a variety there. They even had oden, which is like a Japanese version of yong tau foo. Their dessert section wasn't anything to rave about though. There wasn't much choice and if they did, it taste really funky. I'd stick with the ice-cream. Can't go wrong with ice-cream can you ?

Their sashimi was surprisingly fresh whilst their cooked food on the other hand was only average. And they had curry rice, but it was cooked with charcoal. It didn't look appetizing and it sure didn't taste good either. If only they served the original.

So for those of you who are interested, here's the address.


Kiseki Japanese Buffet Restaurant
Orchard Central
#08-01/02/03
Singapore 238896

I highly recommend making a reservation if you do plan on dining there. There are 2 numbers stated on their website - 67361216 / 96267767.

The price for weekday is $31.80++ and weekend is $34.80++.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.