Slow and steady.

February 23, 2014
Today was a nice, slow-paced day. Normally, I'd shadow my mother where ever she went, but today, as she was invited to her ex-schoolmate's house for lunch, thought it be best if I didn't go. This meant that I could sleep in till whatever time I wanted !

So I woke up just after lunch time. Being lazy, I decided to have McDonald's and called for delivery. It's been quite sometime since I've had their quarter pounder, so that's exactly what I had today, but the double version !


I spent the rest of the day gaming whilst waiting for my mother to get home.

And then plans changed. I received a call from my mum asking me to pick her up from Lorong chuan. It made sense really as we were going to Aunty Florence's house for dinner as it was pretty nearby.

Anyways, I forgot to take photos of dinner but it was such a spread ! Thank you for dinner Aunty Florence !

I did however take pictures of dessert.

This is a coconut panna cotta made by my mother.


It went pretty quickly as this was a hit for everyone there tonight, but not for me. I like panna cotta and I like coconut, but just not together. I'm really awkward with food. I'll give you a few examples. Take chicken for example - When I eat chicken rice, I only eat the thigh. When I eat KFC, I only have the thigh and drumstick. At a barbeque, I only have the wing. And as for coconuts, I really like them fresh coconut juice but when it's used for cooking - curry or desserts, I just completely go off it. Another example is dark sauce - when I have my half boiled eggs in the morning, the bowl is just pure black. You can't even see the yellow that comes from the yolk, but when I have chicken rice, I don't even put a single drop. I have so many more examples, but I'm sure you get it by now.

So anyways, this is the cheng tng prepared by Aunty Florence's mother.


Now this, I am in love with.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.