I need to exercise.

February 25, 2014
I seriously need to start exercising after my mother goes back to London. All this eating is driving me crazy ! Recently, my weighing machine passed away and I haven't replaced it yet, so I can't get my weight read. I guess it is a good thing ?

So anyways, we headed to where I used to live when I was a little girl - Clementi. We had lunch at the coffee shop at Clementi central. We used to frequent that coffee shop quite a bit and it's amazing how my mother's favorite popiah shop and my favorite kueh tutu shop is still around !

Unfortunately, the popiah didn't open till later in the day, so my mother didn't get a chance to taste it.

I had a bowl of beef noodle soup which I found pretty good and my granny also bought a plate of mee Hong Kong from the same stall.


My mother on the other hand, had her heart set on the Indian rojak, which also has been there since I was a little girl. Whilst waiting for the Indian rojak, she saw a stall selling Chinese rojak and she went to order that as well. 



We had enough food to feed the army to be honest !

We went for a little walk round central after lunch. We came across a dvd store and I immediately remembered that my mother had wanted the ah boys to men dvd, so we went to check it out. She managed to get a part 1 & part 2 box set and she also bought another movie called red numbers, which I found pretty bad. 

We also visited this shop called Karbee, who is a cloth merchant. My granny still visits his shop once in a while, whilst it's been more than 15 years since my mother & I last went, so he got a shock when he saw us. He still looks exactly the same to be honest ! So I saw this material that I really liked, but I couldn't decide whether I wanted the red or the blue and ended up getting both. The red one shall be my Chinese New Year outfit for next year !

With all that done, we headed back home. 

At about 630pm, we headed to united square where we had a dinner appointment with Uncle Jimmo & Aunty Jean. Today's dinner was at soup restaurant. I think this restaurant have been added into my list of favorites. Honestly, this place is the bomb. Their samsui ginger chicken is to die for. I just couldn't get enough of it ! The other dishes were equally as good !








How have I been missing out on such fantastic food ?!

They have quite a number of outlets here in Singapore, so just go onto their website and find an outlet near you !

So we went to have coffee after dinner. It's been quite sometime since I drank cafe latte, so I settled for that. As for dessert, I let my mum chose and we ended up with a tiramisu.



Thank you for dinner Uncle Jimmo & Aunty Jean ! 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.