On leave from tomorrow.

February 03, 2013


Yipee, I was on half day today and it's my last day of work, at least for the next 3 weeks anyway. I decided to take leave for the whole duration of my mother's trip seeing as I haven't seen her for a year and a bit.

I haven't eaten edamame for as long as I can remember, but thanks to Hashimoto-san, I got the chance to eat some today. It was Fufu's first time, and now he's addicted !


I knocked off at 2pm today, so I went to have lunch with Hashimoto san. He asked me what I had wanted to eat and my reply was anything, as usual. So he brought me to yayoiken. It was my first time there, but honestly, I probably wouldn't go again. There was nothing special about the food. Honestly, in my opinion, the food was so-so. My hamburg steak tasted like ba-kwa, so not what I was expecting to be honest. The only upside about the yayoiken, is probably the fact that the rice and miso soup is free flow. I don't understand what's the big fuss is about ! There is a long queue daily ! Or maybe I'm just awkward.



So I was on the way to the airport when I received a whatsapp message from my mother telling me that she has arrived. Her flight had arrived 1 hour and 20 minutes earlier. Can you believe that ? I texted her back and apologized. I should really start checking for arrival times huh ? A few years back, I had to wait for my mum for 3 hours because the flight was delayed, but of course clever Nana didn't know because she didn't check. So I had no choice but to fast and furious-ed it Singapore style all the way to the airport and picked her up.

For her welcome back dinner, I brought her to have dim sum @ Swee choon. We had such a feast !


And here's one of my beautiful mother. Yes I remembered !


Oh yeah, here are some of the things I got my mum to buy for me when she went to Japan last year.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.