Busy day.

February 13, 2013


Today was a busy busy day !

We went to parkway parade to have brunch with aunty Clara today. We met at olio dome. It has been years since I last visited olio dome. I glanced through the menu and I decided to have lasagna. And I could have sworn that was the worst lasagna I've ever eaten. 


So after we were done with brunch, we rushed down to joo chiat where we were going to learn how to make roti prata. We got a little bit lost, but we got there in the end. 

This activity we took part in today is called, prata journey. It costs $20 per person, but I must admit, it was fun !


We had a short introduction on the origin of prata. This was led by a lady called Grace, and boy was she bad. She spoke to us as though we were kids. And she sure needs to learn how to handle questions properly. One of my mum's friend came from Sweden asked her what is the alternative for condensed milk as they might not be able to get some back in Sweden, and you know what her reply to him was ? "TOO BAD". I mean like what the hell was that ? We were all in shock to be honest. And there was more but let's not go there. 

After her boring introduction, we were made to dance round the shop. It was hilarious, I just couldn't stop laughing. But it was great fun ! 

Then we got down to business. We started off using the green cloth to learn the method of flipping prata. After about 10 minutes of practise, we moved on to the dough. I must say, it wasn't easy. 


After another 10 minutes, we stopped. And you know what they did ? They picked out the 2 best flippers of the day, and it was the mother and daughter duo to do a demonstration. I was well embarrassed, but I managed to pull it off. When we were done we the demonstration, they proceeding to teach us how to make teh tarik. We each had a go at it, and I really didn't want to as I was wearing my new pair of boots, but I did it anyway, with a lot of spillage. Hehe. 

We finally got to taste their prata and it was indeed delicious. 

I did take a picture with Deen & Abdul for memory sake ! They were totally awesome !


I left my mum and went to meet Hashimoto san for dinner.

Dinner today was at gyu-kaku. It's been quite a while since I've last had yakiniku. I didn't realise how much I actually miss it until today ! My ox tongue and my karubi, oh my days ! We had way too much to eat. We started off light, with just cucumber salad and normal salad. Then we had tamago soup. And then we started with all the grilling. 















No comments:

Powered by Blogger.