Day well spent.

February 07, 2013


Phew ! Luckily I booked an appointment to have our nails done a month before. It was fully booked when we went in today. All this Chinese New year hype ey !

So originally, I had planned to do something red of some sort. But I changed my mind at the last minute and did something else. Like I know that the 2 most common colors for Chinese new year are red & gold, but I figured that more people would do red, so I chose to do gold instead.


We ended up rushing home to get changed as the nail session took longer than we had expected. We then drove to bugis+ and parked there as I didn't know how to get to shaw centre. We had to leg it there as we were meeting 2 of my mum's friend for lunch who were on their lunch break. We had lunch at qiji.

After lunch, we walked back to bugis junction and we got sucked into charles and keith for a while. Both my mum and I ended up buying a pair of heels each.

We then took a train to takashimaya to meet Jiejie Joyce for coffee. We figured that it would be easier and cheaper to leave the car at bugis+ and train it instead. And besides, we were going to have dinner at bugis+ with Aunty Sandra & Dani anyways. So we had coffee at coffee beanstro. I had a huge cup of cafe latte with a slice of cheesecake. Since my mum has been back, I've had more cheesecake than I have for a year. Fatty paradise, here I come.


As we were about to leave, it was pissing it down. It's not like it really mattered as we were going to be sheltered throughout both sides. But Jiejie insisted that she'd give us a lift. Sankyuu Jiejie Joyce ! 

Aunty Sandra & Aunty Dani were right on time for dinner. Today's dinner was at ramen champion. They were really lovely as they helped promote taishoken ramen. The dipping noodles are their speciality. Honestly, once you've tried it, you'll get addicted to them. You just need to give it a chance.

Today, we ordered a few dishes to share. We had the normal tsukemen which I'm totally in love with. We also had the spicy tsukemen which was rather different from the normal tsukemen, but if you're a chilli lover, you'd like this. And we also ordered a Tokyo ramen which is shoyu based. All of which Aunty Sandra & Aunty Dani seemed to enjoy. We also had their crab shumai and fried gyoza for sides. Hashimoto-san also prepared for us a portion of Japanese curry rice which was my ultimate favorite for the night, but unfortunately, it is not on the menu.


Here are some of the pictures we took together.





Check out the last photo, we got photo-bombed !

So after our scrumptious dinner, we went to have coffee at the coffee bean at the ground floor. We've been having so much coffee time recently, that I was at a loss as to what to drink. Aunty Dani then suggested that I tried the chai tea latte, which was her favorite. I tried my best to like it, but it just had this funky taste that I wasn't used to. :(((


Guess next time I shall just stick to what I'm used to ey ?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.