Shopping and eating.

February 05, 2013


So here's how today went.

We started out today by going shopping in the afternoon. We decided to park at takashimya as we agreed that it's like pretty central. So my mum made me drive into town. I was stressing out as it was crowded as, and it didn't help that it was raining either. But thankfully, I managed to make it to the driveway of takashimaya. I then decided to park at the basement. I managed to find a lot right at the lobby and thought I was pretty lucky. But then I realized why that lot was empty. The amount of times I had to go forward and backwards. But hey, I'm proud of myself. 

So we did our shopping and when we were done, it was about 4pm. For some reason, there was a mini jam coming out of the carpark. When I finally made it past the gantry, I panicked. Even though my car is automatic, it still kept rolling back because of the steep slope. And it didn't help that the car behind was tail-gaiting me throughout. LIKE HELLO, DO YOU NOT SEE MY P-PLATE ? ARE YOU BLIND MATE ? He was just asking for it. 

We headed over to bugis+ to have a quick coffee with Hashimoto-san before heading to Alexandra village to have dinner with the choir crew. 

Dinner was awesome. We had dinner at the tze char place there. We had coffee pork ribs, kang kong with cuttlefish, spinach with 3 types of eggs, bean curd skin with stuffing, chilli crab and salted egg crab. It was my first time trying the salted egg crab, and boy was it heavenly. So if you ever do go, this dish is a must try !










So after dinner, we had a mission, and it was to find a place to have coffee. We ended up going to the starbucks at Fraiser suites at River valley. Mind you, it's not easy to find a place with seatings for 11 people. When we got there, there was this lovely artificial Chinese new year decoration and we took a picture.


I had no idea what to drink. Normally, I'd just get my cafe latte, but something else on the menu caught my eye today. It was matcha latte. I decided to give it a try and now, it's my new favorite. It's just so rich and it tastes like proper matcha.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.