Reunion dinner with my grand-dad's side of the family.

February 08, 2013
Dinner was at 10 at claymore. It is located at pan pacific hotel. It is a buffet style restaurant. Honestly, this is my second favorite buffet after carousel.


So let's see. We had a very interesting lo hei today. Why interesting ? First up, it was vegetarian. And then if you look closely, the yusheng was made up of western vegetables. As for the condiments, they weren't your usual Chinese sauce and what not, they had actually replaced it with berries. And guess what ? It was rather refreshing !


This restaurant offers a mini ala-carte section as well. They had choices like Penang laska ( my all time favorite ), Penang char kway tiao, prawn noodles and a few other things which I can't really remember. But we did try the laska and the fried kway tiao, and can I just say that the Penang laska was the best I've ever had !



So after trying out the ala-carte section, I decided to move on to the buffet section. I started off by having soup. They had 2 choices of soup. One was a Chinese style soup and the other, which I had, was a pumpkin   with fuji apple soup which I found rather tasty. It tasted even better after adding parmesan cheese into it.


Next up, I decided to attack the cold seafood and oyster section. The cold seafood section was pretty standard. They had mussels, prawns, scallops, crab and crayfish. As for the oyster section, I didn't really like. Oh don't get me wrong. Their oysters were fantastic, I just didn't like the fact that they had a person standing their de-shelling them. This means that you actually have to tell the chef how many pieces of oyster you wanted, and I do love my oysters, so you can only imagine.



I had a few other dishes, but I was too busy eating. Overall, I enjoyed meal even though they I felt that they didn't have a wide selection.

Here comes the dessert portion.



I know how pretty the dessert looks, but I didn't have any from the photos above. Instead, I had bread and butter pudding from the hot dessert section. I was in love with their bread and butter pudding, the only disappointing thing was that they didn't have any custard. It would have been perfect otherwise !


I was already full by the time I finished my bread and butter pudding. But I just had to try the crepe. This is one of the features of the restaurant. They have a chef standing there, that will freshly prepare your crepe on the spot when you order. And it wasn't your normal soft textured crepe, it turned out to be crispy.


Well, that's all for my dinner review.

I just had to take a picture of this box of chocolates my Aunty gave to me. It's just so pretty.


And before I end this post, here's one of me ! *^^*

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.