Indian rojak.

February 20, 2013
Our first destination for today was plaza singapura. This was at 1030 in the morning. It was like a dead town. And all because my mother had wanted to go to daiso.

After we were done at daiso, we drove all the way to tampines to meet my mother's friend who had wanted her to try a really famous Indian rojak. We kind of got lost for a bit, but we managed to find him in the end. You know when I say famous, I really mean famous. It was ridiculous. Even before the stall was open, there was a long queue. And I'll tell you something funny. The stall owner was a little bit arrogant. All my mother wanted was to take a few photos of the food and the stall, so she went and asked for permission. Before my mother even finished asking, he replied "You have to queue" and then pointed at the customers. My mother then said "WHAT ? QUEUE TO TAKE PHOTO AH ?", and then he said "Oh, never hear, ya ya can can". LOLOLOL. 

So anyways, we had to wait for quite sometime even after ordering, but I reckon it was worth the wait. It was actually quite good to be honest ! It's not like Indian rojak is one of my favorites, but I wouldn't mind having it again. Their kambeng soup was quite tasty as well.



We headed to 112 after to meet with aunty Shamini for coffee. The last time I saw her, was when I was still a little girl. So when my mother asked me if I'd recognize her, I told her probably not. But apparently, I did ! She hasn't changed at all. She's exactly how I remember her. So they did their catching up, and I did my cake eating. Gloria jean's oreo cheesecake ain't too bad.


For dinner, my mother had a dinner date with her ex classmates from SJC. And boy did I feel awkward. But I did promise my mother that I'd be her shadow for the entire time she was here. We had dinner at some chicken pot place. That will definitely be my first and last time there. Let's not even go there. So I ended up being their camera man, or woman, but it's cool. I'm really glad that my mum had a great time catching up with her friends. Thank you candy crush for keeping me occupied. :P

Well , all this eating has drained me out. I shall go to bed now.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.