Too much eating for one day.

February 17, 2013
We had way too much of good food intake today !

Lunch :

My mummy's ex classmate had invited her and a few of their friends over for lunch and I tagged along.  We were in for a Peranakan feast. My mummy prepared beef rendang to bring over and the rest were prepared by my mother's friend. The food was fantastic !

We had liver, chup chye, broccoli with mushrooms, chicken buah keluak, fried chicken and ngoh hiang, sotong and another kind of chicken and not forgetting my mother's beef rendang of course.









Aside from the food, do you know what else I'm in love with ?


Look how gorgeous the plate looks. This whole set of dishes cost a over a thousand. :(((

After lunch, we were served with a colorful platter of Nonya dessert.


I'm glad my mother got to catch up with her ex schoolmates. They had such a laugh ! It's great to see my mother having fun !

We headed back for home to rest for a while and to pick my grand-mother up at the same time. We were going to have dinner with my god-parents you see. We were supposed to have dinner at some stall along joo chiat but my cousin called to tell me that they had ran out of crabs. So we were told to head to kembagan and as we were reaching, my other cousin called me to tell me that they weren't opened. It was pretty frustrating as we weren't familiar with the roads. They then told us to go over to siglap. I made my Terence, my cousin, follow us so that he could guide us.

Dinner :

So we finally found a place with crabs and it was opened ! We ended up having dinner at Lai huat sambal fish restaurant.


For dinner, we had deep fried baby squids, prawn paste chicken, sweet potato leaves, herbal chicken, sambal fish, salted egg crab and pork trotters.









Now you see what I mean when I say I need to go on a diet ?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.