Early start.

February 12, 2013
We had an early start today.

Today, we drove to redhill market to have breakfast with my grand-mother. Pretty much most of the stalls were still closed. We did however managed to find a stall selling kway chup. I forgot to take a picture as I was still half asleep. Boo hoo.

After breakfast, we dropped my grand-mother back home before heading to bugis to do some shopping. I was really tempted to get another pair of shoes from charles and keith, in fact, the same pair I had bought a few days ago, just in a different color. But in the end, I decided not to.

We went home to rest for a bit before heading over to aunty Sandy's house, as she had invited us over for dinner. So we left our house at about 5pm and decided that we'd walk over as she lived nearby. And it was a very good decision seeing as we had so much to eat ! Her mother-in-law had prepared such a feast for us. This was the first time I had authentic Hainanese food and boy did I fall in love with it.

We had chicken rice, mixed vegetables, pork ribs, fishball and fish maw soup, mutton soup and my new ultimate favorite, abacus seeds which I'm probably never going to eat ever again unless aunty Sandy prepares it for me ! T.T


Thank you aunty Sandy for having us over for dinner !

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.