恭喜发财

February 08, 2016

Every year, I just wait at home for my relatives to come and have lunch. The first family to arrive, was my godma & godpa along with my 2 cousins. The second was my 2nd great-uncle and his family. And that was it ! I have another great-uncle but he went over to the States, so they couldn't be with us today ! My granny prepared Nonya mee for lunch but I forgot to take photos of it. I can only tell you how delish it was.

I managed to catch up on a few episodes of Tanglin together with my mother, until it was time for us to head out.

Last year, on the first day of Chinese new year, we went for the buffet at 'Orchard hotel'. For this year's dinner, we decided to go to The line at Shangri-la. I have been wanting to go for the longest time and just didn't get a chance to. And just so you know, we made our reservations ages ago because online reviews kept mentioning how hard it was to get a reservation. ^w^

So I didn't take any photos of the food because, frankly speaking, I was way too lazy. I honestly don't understand what all that hype about 'The line' was to be honest, or perhaps I was a year too late and the standards have dropped or something. The only other thing I can think of, is that I am not a buffet sort of person which might have clouded my judgement. The fact that it was overcrowded didn't help either. But I guess the one thing that I did enjoy, was the fact that I had my loved ones by my side.

I might not have taken photos of the food, but here are photos of us.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.