London 2013 - Day 2.

April 14, 2013


My grand-mother was feeling rather down, due to the fact that there was still no news of her luggage. She had no clothes, no toiletries and all her hard work of the preparation for the mee siam that my mother had requested for, had all went down the drain.

The 5 of us set off in the late morning for Uxbridge. It felt like I never left. Honestly, everything in town pretty  much looked the same. So our mission for today - to get my grand-mother a few pieces of clothing. We went into marks & spencers with high hopes. We browsed around the clothes section but nothing seemed to catch her eyes. Finally, we found 2 blouses and a pair of trousers and she went on to try them. All my grand-mother clothes are sewn by her, so you can expect the nightmare my mother and I had. She finally settled for the 2 blouses but skipped the trousers as she complained that they were too baggy.

After we were done clothes shopping, we made a quick trip to tescos to get some ingredients as my mother had planned a nice home cooked feast to celebrate Uncle Pat's belated birthday.

For lunch today, I decided to make some beans on toast as the last time I had it was my previous trip 2 years ago and I could easily make this in Singapore, but for some odd reason, I just never have.


I bet you're drooling now, aren't you ?

So anyways, there was some mis-communication between my mother, Katrina & Alan. So Alan didn't even show up, but Katrina & Rob came over in the late afternoon with baby James & baby Sam. It was my first time meeting baby Sam and boy was he adorable. I managed to take a photo of him !


And oh how I've missed the most gorgeous boy on earth, baby James !


Please excuse my shagged out face as I am suffering from jet-lag.

So anyways, good news arrived at about 5ish. It was a call from the airport saying that day had found my grand-mother's luggage and they were going to have it delivered in about an hour. Immediately, my grand-mother's mood had lighten. What a relief ! We did however got a call back from the driver asking if we had food in the baggage as it reeked. But luckily, it still came in one piece. It did honestly reek though, that much I agree. The chives had gone bad and the chili paste had leaked out from the container. But all that aside, I could finally see the smile on my granny's face ! Thank God !

We had dinner at about 7ish. My mother had planned to cook more dishes as she thought that they were all coming, but due to the mis-com that they had, it ended up with just the 6 of us. Dinner was still fantastic though !




No comments:

Powered by Blogger.