London 2013 - Day 5.

April 17, 2013


Been waking up about the same time everyday without the assistance of an alarm clock. Somehow, my body clock is set on automatic mode and wakes me up everyday at about 8am. If only that would happen here in Singapore, then it wouldn't be such a chore to wake up every morning for work.

We had an early lunch today. All 3 of us had an instant noodle each. Normally, I don't really eat instant noodles back in Singapore, unless I'm forced to or I have a craving - which is close to never. But for some awkward reason, each time I go back for a holiday, I seem to be having it for lunch more than half of my trip. So like, instead of the normal maggi noodles, today I managed to find a kway tiao version inside the drawers, and I had that with an overdose of wakame of course.


After lunch, my mother took my grand-mother and I to the tesco's at amersham. It was the one we went to every weekend when I was still living there. I used to be able to find everything easily, but they have since underwent a makeover and now I don't know my way around. I went in hopes to buy a few of the t-shirts which I saw when we went to the branch at slough, but I couldn't find them. I would have thought that all branches would have the same items. Oh wells, hopefully we'll have sometime next week to go into slough. Next time you see something you want, just get it on the spot - lesson learnt !

Oh yes, I came across a fruit which I've never seen or heard of before, and it has the most amusing name ever - Ugli fruit !


Went back home after our grocery shopping and since I had nothing else to do, I decided to throw away some of the things which I didn't need anymore which I had left behind years ago. During the clean-up, I found quite a lot of items which brought back memories. And that included my name tag from when we participated at ESWC - Electronic Sports World Cup in Paris.

Once upon a time, I was a professional gamer.


My efforts didn't go to waste as I ended up with a whole garbage bag of unwanted items.

Quickly got myself ready as I was meeting Seanie-poo for dinner. It has been 4 years since we last saw each other, so I was a little nervous and worried but yet excited at the same time.

And here's me all ready to go out.


Sean had asked me what I wanted to have for dinner, and without thinking, I answered him ask. It's an Italian restaurant which we used to frequent as I used to love their ravioli. So you can only imagine how deprived of it I was. We met at about half past 6, and as it was still early and we both weren't that hungry, we decided to go have coffee. After about 45 minutes, we walked over to the restaurant. We sat down and the first thing I did was had a look at the menu to see if they still had the dish on their menu, and thankfully they did ! Sean on the other hand had a spaghetti carbonara.



The ravioli turned out to be different from what I had expected, as it used to be cooked in a white wine sauce which was perfect, but they have since changed it to a tomato base which I didn't quite rate. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad or anything, it just wasn't to my liking. Oh wells.

Here's one of Sean.


I don't know why, but I was craving for a dessert. Got the menu and had a quick glance through and the choco mud-pie caught my eye. I told him that I'd only have it if he shared it with me. Hey, if I'm going to put on weight, I might as well pull someone down with me right ?


My mother came to pick us up after dinner and he came back to my house to chill for a little bit. At about 1030pm, we left for the station as he was afraid that he'd miss the last train. I was playing candy crush on my phone so I didn't notice my surroundings. When I looked up, I realized that the route my mother took, wasn't the one into Uxbridge. So I asked and she said that she was dropping him off back at his place. My mother's lovely isn't she ?

Well, it turned out to be a good meet up. 4 years later, and we still have so much to talk about. You know what though ? 4 years later, AND HE STILL LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME ! Hahaha. Anyways, thank you Sean for dinner and making time to meet up with me despite your busy schedule.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.