Amsterdam - Day 2.

April 19, 2013


I made sure I was the first to wake up, as there was only 1 toilet in the apartment between the 4 of us. I have this habit of dilly-dallying as well, so being the first to wake up seemed ideal.

As I had nothing better to do, I decided to take pictures of the apartment.






Everyone was just about ready by 10am. Uncle Pat and my mother went out first to get the car, as there was a carpark which was 10 minutes away by bus which was cheaper. So about 15 minutes later, they came to pick us up. We then headed for Keukenhof which took about 45 minutes. Keukenhof which is also known as the Garden of Europe, is actually the world's largest flower garden. And boy was it beautiful. We were lucky to have been able to see all the flower in their bloomed state. Apparently, if you're unlucky, just a day difference and you wouldn't have been able to see the beautiful flowers. 

The place was huge. It took us about 4 hours to complete it.

So anyways, here are few of the photos I took today. There's way too many photos to upload here. You can check out all the photos on my facebook album.








It started drizzling after about 40 minutes later. We then decided to seek for shelter. We had lunch whilst waiting for the rain to die down. The cafe was packed though, as everyone else had the same intention as we did. It took about 30 minutes for us to get a table. As I wasn't feeling that hungry, I just had a sausage roll. 


Luckily for us, after we were done with lunch, the rain had stopped and we continued on our journey. So here are the selective few photos for the remaining time we spent at Keukenhof.


















We left at about half 4 and headed back to the apartment to rest.

At about half past 6, we met up with my mother's ex classmate and her husband for dinner. They gave us a choice of either European cuisine and Chinese cuisine, and I'm sure y'all can guess what we chose.

So we took a slow stroll to sea palace which seemed so near yet so far away.

Managed to snap a picture of the town.


Along the way, we took a few pictures.



We ended up having dinner at sea palace. I was totally fascinated with the exterior. 


We had to wait for about 30 minutes for a table, that was how popular this restaurant was. 










We're now back at the apartment and I've just taken a really hot shower and right now, I'm tucked under the duvet. The cold is no joke.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.