London 2013 - Day 1.

April 13, 2013


I managed to sleep for about 2 hours before over-sleeping and was almost late for my flight. We had planned to leave a little bit earlier so that we could have breakfast at ya-kun, but all that failed when we got to the airport late this morning and there was this long-ass queue to check-in. Once we were done with the check-in, I went outside to have a quick smoke before I get deprived of smoking for the next 14 hours or so.


I was panicking a little as my grand-mother was on the slow side. It didn't help either that she had some troubles with the automated thumb print check-in which only delayed us even more. Once that was done, we had to brisk walk to our gate. Thankfully, we made it in time and off we went !


As I was deprived of sleep, I was hoping to sleep though most of the flight, but obviously that didn't happen. I tried sleeping through take off as the in-flight entertainment hadn't been turned on yet, but I was in and out of my nap. About 20 minutes later, I gave up that hope and browsed through the movies. I then decided to watch all 3 of the infernal affairs movie.




Don't ask me what I thought of it, I was too stoned to understand what was going on to be honest.

Breakfast was served halfway through of my infernal affairs marathon, and I already had the menu and had my heart set on the omelette. But as we were right at the back of the plane, it was obvious that by the time the stewardess got to us, there wasn't going to be any left. I had to settle for carrot cake instead. After some time, the stewardess came and cleared the tray, and to my horror, she split orange juice onto my newly bought Porter' bag. She then panicked and came back with a whole load of serviettes, and at the same time tried helping me clean the mess up. About 30 seconds later, a steward walks past and she shouts out to him in a Singaporean accent, "Alamak, I spill orange juice again" with a soft "hehe" at the end of her sentence, which was just loud enough for me to hear. This then made me rage, but what could I have done ? Oh wells.

So after I completed all 3 of the infernal affairs series, I browsed for my next movie. I then decided to watch bacherlorette. Now, I'm glad I gave it a chance, it was such a good laugh ! It was definitely worth the watch !


After the movie, I managed to doze off for I have no idea how long as I wasn't keeping track of the time. I then woke up due to being super uncomfortable and decided to watch another movie. After browsing for a long time, I decided that I'd watch a Chinese movie, meet the in-laws. This was another good laugh ! I was so worried that I would start laughing out loud, but thankfully, I managed to control myself.


Lunch was served halfway through my movie. I had a glance at the menu and this time there was 3 options to choose from. Beef, pork and fish. Normally, I don't eat beef, but at the point of time, I just felt like some beef, but guess what ? They had run out of beef by the time they got to us again. Moral of the story ? Do not choose seats located right at the back of the plane. I was then made to settle for fish, which turned out to be rather pleasant. And as retarded as I may have looked, I placed my bag on my lap whilst she was clearing my tray as I had a phobia that she might spill orange juice again for the 3rd time.

So my last hour of the flight was spent watching 1 and a half episodes of how I met your mother before they turned off the in-flight entertainment and prepared for landing. Finally, 13hours and 45 minutes of sore butt time was over. I was delighted when the plane touched the ground.

I just couldn't wait to get out of the airport and take a puff. It was a fairly long walk to the arrival halls, but we made it eventually. As my grand-mother and I took a slow stroll, by the time we had got to immigration, it had already cleared. We then got interrogated for the next 10 minutes before letting us through. The final step that was in the way of me and some puff time was the collection of our baggage. We waited and waited and finally my bag showed up. We then continued waiting for the next 10 minutes till the belt shut down. We then shat our pants as we realized that this could only mean one thing - my grand-mother's baggage got lost along the way. I was at a loss. I had no clue what to do. And it obviously didn't help that I was stoned out of my head. I then decided to approach on of the ground staff who then guided me to the loss baggage counter. My moodiness had amplified about 1000 times worse as I really really wanted to have a puff. I had lost it when my grand-mother couldn't describe what her bag look like or if she had any distinctive tag on her bag. This is what I ended up telling the counter staff - "It's big and black". AWESOME ! Oh wells, fingers crossed. We can only pray that her bag comes back within the next few days. Of all my years of frequent flying, this is the first time I have experienced this.

So I finally gave my mum the green light and they left the house. The first thing I did was went outside to the smoking area, and chained smoked and had about 3 sticks. And guess what ? The grey skies and wet weather had welcomed us into London. Surprise surprise ! Uncle Pat and my mother arrived about 15 minutes later, and about 15 minutes after that, we arrived at home sweet home. I cannot express to you how glad I was to be home. As if a 14 hour flight wasn't enough, we were stuck at the airport for another extra 2 un-needed hours. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

I'm glad we got that over and done with.

Aunty Florence and Uncle Kee Chye had arrived on the same day at 5pm. Seeing my mom, Uncle Pat, Aunty Florence and Uncle Kee Chye, did make my day better !

We just finished dinner - Japanese curry rice and now I'm off to bed. My eyes just won't stay opened anymore.

お休みなさい !

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.