Happy birthday Fufu !

April 03, 2013


This would be my fourth year celebrating Fufu's birthday. I first met him when I joined Colosseum in November 2009. He was a real quiet person, but a real nice guy. I still remember when our company provided transport home after our night shift and I went home with him. He was so cranky that night, that when the van uncle was going at turtle speed, he suddenly shouted "faster la, I burn your van". We were all like "DAFUQ ?!", but yeah, it was hilarious. Fufu is also known for his "Ok, no problem". Anything you ask of him, he does for you. He is now one of my bestest friends and he spoils me rotten !

Today, he treated us to a scrumptious meal at hoshino cafe. By us, I mean Pauline, Anna and myself. We all met up at Ion as he had wanted to have a neoprint taken, and his outdated source told him that there was a shop with neoprint machines at far east plaza. We then took a slow stroll there only to find out that they had closed down about a year ago. We then took a bus down to plaza singapura.

Hoshino cafe has now joined my list of favorite restaurants. Their mains are decent, the coffee is fabulous, their matcha is solid and their desserts are to die for.

Here's the address :


68 Orchard Road
#03-84
Plaza Singapura
Singapore 238839

I had a hard time making a decision for both my main and drink. I just wanted one of everything. But in the end, I decided to go for a hot matcha along with a hotpot curry rice.



Both Anna & Pauline had the lobster bisque soup spaghetti whilst Fufu had the tomato cream omu rice with shrimp and mozzarella.



Before I get to the desserts, here's some pictures of us.




Moving on to dessert. Despite all of us feeling full, we still had 3 desserts to share.

Matcha souffle.


There wasn't anything special about this, in fact, I probably wouldn't order it ever again, but yeah, it was worth the one time try.

Pancake souffle style with matcha and ogura bean paste.


Now this was fantastic. We just couldn't get enough of it. Everything went well with each other. Make sure you do try this if you do visit. This gets my thumbs up !

Chocolate fondant with softee.


Now this is what I call solid. This is the other 'die die must try' dessert there. It is so rich and sinful, but at the point of time, you really just don't give a crap. Heavenly !

Oh yes, and do try their coffee. It is their specialty. I must say, I really did enjoy my cuppa.


Look how tiny the milk cup was ! I was so tempted to put it in my handbag !


And here's one of us taken at the entrance.


We went to daiso for a little walk around after lunch. After we were done, Fufu suddenly had this thought that maybe the arcade at the train station had the neoprint machine. And guess what ? He was right. The machine was pretty old and damaged, but who cares ? At least he got his wished fulfilled and it was $9 for 2 times.









No comments:

Powered by Blogger.