London 2013 - Day 12.

April 24, 2013
Day trip into central London.

We left the house at about 10am and drove to est ruislip station.

Whilst on the platform waiting for the train, my mother pointed out a vandalized bench. Terrible !


 We then took a train and switched at finchley road station. We then headed for old bond street station. The total journey took us close to an hour. We then dropped by my mother's office so she could show my grand-mother, Aunty Florence and Uncle Kee Chye where she works.

Our next stop was the Louis Vuitton. Along the way, we passed by all the branded goods and jewelers. Blimey, they were all so lush ! I got to the LV shop and I already knew what I had wanted so we were in and out in a jiffy.


As lunch time was nearing, we took a slow stroll towards Chinatown as I had requested for dim sum. When I say slow, I mean real slow. What would have been a 15 minute walk, took us about 45 minutes instead. Hehehehe, it's alright, we had all the time in the world to burn.

Here's pictures from our dim sum lunch.











It amazes me at how we always have so much to eat, but we still have space for dessert. We pretty much had a mango pudding each, and honestly, I have no regrets. The mango pudding was totally awesome !


After lunch, my mother decided to take a cab to Oxford street. We could have walked there, but as my grand-mother was tired, we thought we better cab it instead. The journey took less than 10 minutes. We headed to denbanhams, house of fraiser' and john lewis. My grand-mother had wanted to buy a handbag you see and all this departmental stores carries a huge range. In the end, nothing caught her eye, so we went home empty handed.

The 3 of us headed back for home, whilst Aunty Florence and Uncle Kee Chye went to watch Phantom of the Opera.

By the time we got home, it was pretty much dinner time. And besides, all the walking made me hungry. Afterall,it's been such a long time since I've had beef stew. It's so hard to find a good stew in Singapore. The only time I can have awesome beef stew, is when I visit my mother in London. That sucks !

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.