Day 1 - Hakodate.

October 17, 2015


I'm completely worn out, here's why !

After procrastinating for about a week, I was left with no choice but to spend the whole of yesterday packing. I guess I fall into the category of people that pack at the last minute. I do however make a list of what I need to pack though, so I just have to check them off.

So at 8pm, I had to leave the house for the airport. I booked a taxi in the afternoon. But guess what ? A big ass mini van came to get me.

 |
 |
 |
\/


The journey to the airport was rather smooth, thankfully, so I made it to the airport in time and was greeted by Alastair.

So, on the way to the airport, Cy texted me saying sorry that she couldn't join us as she had to work. I thought nothing of it and told her not to worry about it. I told her it was the thought that counted. As we were about to go have our dinner, she suddenly appeared. She told us she wanted to surprise me, but I told her I kind of figured that she was around as Alastair had earlier texted me - "We are eating at the food court'. Hahahaha. She then gave Alastair a smack.

For today's dinner, I had poulet.





After dinner, we said our good-byes and went straight into the departure halls.

I would like to thank Alastair & Cy for seeing me off

So I made it in time for my 10:35pm flight and off I went.

Just a little bit after we took off, supper was served. I went for the Japanese set which was not too bad. I ate quite a bit despite being full.


Managed to watch San andreas as well as Spy. I honestly had wanted to sleep, but I just couldn't. I had about 30 minutes of sleep, but that was about it. We arrived in Japan earlier that expected thanks to the tail wind. Hooray !

I spent about an hour and a half waiting for my mother & Uncle Pat to arrive. I had almost spent that whole duration trying to connect to the airport's wifi and I finally managed to connect to it. But guess what ? Their flight had already landed So much for playing 'get rich'. Pffffft.

We took the shuttle bus to the domestic airport where we had coffee. I honestly needed my one full cup of latte, but coffee goes right through me, so I only had a few sips. I was hungry as well, but was way too tired to eat. #firstworldproblems

So it was finally time for us to board our domestic flight to Hakodate. Managed to snap a photo of the cutest airplane whilst preparing to take off.


PIKACHU !

So our flight arrived at Hakodate 1 hour and 5 minutes later and was greeted by Yagi-san as soon as we stepped out into the arrival halls. My mum & Uncle Pat went with Yagi-san, whilst I took a taxi and followed behind them.

Our hotel for the first night - Hakodate Grand hotel. My mother had originally wanted to book Hakodate Kokusai hotel, but unfortunately for us, they were full.

Anyways, just check out how huge the bed was. I swear it is the biggest bed I have seen in my life.


We went up for 15 minutes to freshen up, before heading over to 五島軒 ( Gotoken ) where my mum used to work in her twenties, for lunch. Again, we were in for a disappointment. Of all days, they actually had to be closed today. I was really looking forward to an awesome serving of kare-rice.

We were walking back to the car when I came across the cutest sewer cover as well as a building beautifully covered in the autumn leaves and I thought I should share it with y'all.



It was 3pm and we were all starving by then. Yagi-san asked us what we had wanted to eat and all 3 of us answered in unison - Anything, and so he brought us to have some Japanese-western food.





My my, can I just say what a wonderful meal we had. It was fantastic.

After lunch, Yagi-san took us back to the hotel so that we could rest. He said that he'd be back again at 7pm to take us to dinner. I think everyone had a short nap except for me. I spent that entire time playing get rich. Talk about being a gamer.

For dinner, Yagi-san took us to have Chinese cuisine.








It was quite a good meal, but for some funny reason, in Japan, every single restaurant that serves Chinese cuisine, the food turns out to be next level starchy. It's like eating flavored starch, but somehow it's still good. Weird huh ?

So it's a tradition that every time I go back, I'd visit Hakodate-yama and this time was not going to be any different.



Just check out the lovely view from the top of the mountain.


Isn't it just gorgeous ? It's my most favoradest place in the whole world.


As the night was still young, Yagi-san brought us to his friend's coffee shop. It was such a lovely place.



Well, I best take a shower and catch up on some much needed sleep.

Good night ! xxx

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.