Day 13 - Tokyo.

October 29, 2015


After having had breakfast at Hakodate Kokusai hotel, it seems nowhere else could match up to it. We were spoiled rotten there and now every other breakfast just didn't seem enticing anymore.

Well, here's what I had for breakfast anyway.


So today was a pretty exciting day for us.

Before our trip to Japan, I did mention to my mum that I had wanted to visit the Toyko tower as I haven't been in ages, but she suggested that we go to the Sky tree instead as that was newly built. Off we went by train, which was a little bit confusing when it came to changing lines, but we made it there in the end.

And here we are !


Quite magnificent isn't it ?

Joined the queue to get the tickets which looked really really long, but it were't all that bad to be honest. It only took us about 20 minutes tops.

With Halloween just round the corner, I managed to snap a photo of the display whilst in the queue.


Finally got to the counter and up we went.



And now, for the view from the top of the tower.





And here comes a wefie.


As it was just a little past lunch time, we were hungry and decided to have some dessert at the cafe up in the tower. It was there that I discovered the nicest cup of unsweetened matcha latte. If only we could get this back in Singapore as well, would be pretty awesome.


And a few shots of us.




After we were done, we went to the level below where they had this glass panel where you could see all the way to the ground level. It was pretty awesome.


And we went back down when we were done.




Overall, I do recommend visiting the Tokyo Sky tree. Probably would have been nice to have been able to see the night lights as well. Next time maybe.

So with all that sound effects that my tummy was producing, it was time to have lunch. We walked back and forth before we decided to have okonomiyaki and I'm glad we made the right choice this time !




Sky tree is also a good place to shop with it's wide variety. We would know as we stayed behind to shop. Also, if you're a fan of the Tokyo banana, the choco banana version is only available at the Sky tree.

Our next stop, 浅草寺 ( Senso-ji ). This place also used to be a yearly thing, so I really missed this place after not having gone home for quite a number of years.

Oh and just so you know, it is almost impossible to take a photo at the entrance without photo bombers with it's high people traffic and all.



Just check out this photo and you'll understand what I mean.


This place is great for buying souvenirs if you ever need gift ideas.


We headed back to the hotel for our much needed rest. But I was really determined on getting the Adidas relace and there was a few ABC mart outlets surrounding Shinjuku, so I sacrificed my rest and went on a mission instead.

Sadly, after endless walking and visiting different branches, I still couldn't find the black pair that I wanted. I did however buy a pair of 'Converse' which was pretty neat. And after almost 2 weeks back in home, I still didn't mange to get any clothes. I really need to come back during summer and replace my whole wardrobe.

I went back to the hotel as it was getting late and it was way past dinner time. We were planning on having bbq but we never expected to end up at a Korean bbq restaurant that was ran by China staff.

And surprisingly, the food was pretty good.








Well, I leave you now with a night view of  新宿.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.