Day 9 - Noboribetsu to Hakodate.

October 25, 2015


Today's breakfast was served at 830am in my room, but guess what ? I didn't have to wake up an hour before, because there is no shower in my room and I sure as hell wasn't going down to the onsen again to shower.

Remember last night where I mentioned that I was waiting for midnight to come so that my mum and I could go downstairs in hopes that there wouldn't be anyone so that we could shower ? We were wrong. She went in the first time to check and before she even opened the door, she heard voices. We then sat at the lobby patiently for them to be done. When they walked out, we both were like quick quick quick quick and then we realised there was another pair of mother and daughter still inside. Immediately, we both made a u-turn and again we waited. Finally, after about 15 minutes, they finally left and we charged straight for the showers and we prayed real hard that we'd have the onsen all to ourselves and luckily for us, no one else came in. Yay.

I couldn't be bothered and so this morning, instead of a shower, I wiped myself down with a towel. My next shower would be back in Hakodate tonight.

Anyways, enough yapping. Here's our breakfast.


Well, Uncle Pat loves Japanese food, but not for breakfast. My mum bought muesli last night, because we have learnt from our experience from our previous nights that not all places serve bread. So today, Uncle Pat was a happy man.

We said our farewells at 10am and left for jigoku valley. Thankfully, we had a nice sunny weather so that we could go explore. It was such a pretty pretty place.




We ventured further into the forest and here are some of the photos I took earlier.



Deep into the forest, we found a public foot bath where you can dip your feet but none of us, except for my mum, tried it.

And here's my beautiful mother enjoying her foot dip.




When she came out, her feet was all black ! She's lucky that I carry both wet and dry tissue with me at all times. Gross !

Well, here are more photos.











It was such a pretty place. If I lived there, I would take a walk there every morning.

Just as we were about to leave, it started snowing.



Not sure if you can see the falling snow, but I did try my best to capture it.

So anyways, just before we hit the highway, we went for a loo stop and Uncle Pat took over the wheel instead.




And 2 hours later, we arrived back at Hakodate. But first, we went to 大沼公園 ( Onuma park ).


It was a different weather all together, but it did look as though it was going to rain. So as soon as we got off the car, we ran to the bridge to take photos with it.


Next up was lunch.

Beside the bridge was this lovely restaurant where we had lunch.





Lunch was great if you ask me. But we tried to gobble down our food as soon as possible because we really wanted to explore the park before it rained.

Well, here are lots of photos taken at 大沼公園.






















So my mum decides that she wants her photo taken. But the thing was, the winds were pretty strong so you know what happens next.



Before we left, we bought my favorite dango. I only really like the shoyu ones, but they didn't do shoyu only. It came in a set of kuro goma/shoyu or anko/shoyu, so we bought both.


So we finally arrived back at Hakodate Kokusai hotel. Before we were given our rooms, I was praying for the other wing which we haven't stayed at. When my mum gave us our keys, I was elated. But I immediately regretted my wish. The wing that we stayed at before was way bigger than the rooms we were given today. It was pretty much like a box. T.T

After all that exploring today and not to mention a whole week of road trip, we were knackered. We chilled out in our hotel room all the way till dinner time. For dinner today, I just googled places nearby. And guess where we ended up ? "Lucky Pierrot'. .______________.'

I so wasn't keen on having fast food, but oh wells.




I guess that huge portion of cheese curry baked rice made it all better.

And now, I leave you with the famous bay area.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.