Day 14 - Tokyo.

October 30, 2015


Today's breakfast was slightly earlier as we were meeting Kunimatsu san, my mother's ex boss from years and years ago.

We checked out of the hotel by 10am and off we went for a short sight seeing session at 神楽坂 ( Kagurazaka ).

Here are some of the photos we took.






We even bumped into the world's friendliest cat !


For lunch today, Kunimatsu san took us to the famous 鳥茶屋 ( Torijaya ) to have the udon-suki. And boy did I enjoy it !



Here's a photo of the pot before the stock was added in.


And when it's cooked and ready to be eaten.


Looks delicious right ?

Well, it not only looked delicious, it was so delicious that I couldn't stop eating. I think it's me and my love for flour base food. The thicker the better !

We ended lunch with the most refreshing orange sorbet.


And not to forget, photos with Kunimatsu san.



As we were heading to the train station to get back to 新宿 ( Shinjuku ), I managed to take one last photo of 神楽坂.


As it was still early, the 3 of them went back to the hotel, whilst I went to get a black denim version of the 'Adidas relace'. It's not quite what I wanted, but I bought them anyway.

Kunimatsu san had to leave and so we said our goodbyes.

We were now roomless and had to camp at the lobby until 3pm as the limosine bus to Narita airport was at 320pm.

The whole bus ride took an hour and a bit. We still had to wait at the airport for the 520pm shuttle bus to Mecure hotel.

We arrived at the hotel and chilled for a bit. I wasn't too keen on the hotel, but oh wells, it's only for one night ey ?

At about 7pm, we went out to looked for food. We even came across a restaurant that served horse meat. Gross ! Alas, we settled for yakitori and it wasn't a bad choice either ! The food was pretty good.











It was quite a sad meal, knowing that this would be our last meal together here in Japan. But hey, my mother will be coming down to Singapore come next Chinese new year, so it ain't really that long of a wait.

Well, off to watch some telly now.

Good night from my last night in Tokyo. xxx

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.