Day 5 - Sapporo to Sounkyo.

October 21, 2015


Left Sapporo at about 10am and followed the gps that said that it would take us 2 hours on route 12 to get to 層雲峡 ( Sounkyo ) which sounded good. I didn't mind a 2 hour drive, but guess what ? After driving for 2 whole hours, the gps still showed that we had another 2 hours before arriving at our destination. We then made the decision of going onto the express way instead.

All that driving gives you nothing but a sore butt and a full bladder. Whilst at our pit stop, I found a model to show off our rental car.


So we continued on our road trip after having a quick stretch about.

Here's what our view looked like for this leg of our road trip.



Twas quite pretty if you ask me.

We even managed to catch the high way patrol in action. Well basically, a prius overtook us and he was going at about 150km/h. The next thing you know, about 5 minutes later, a police speeds past us at about 170km/h. So friends, do remember, if you decide to drive in Japan, just remember, the police are keen beans.

At about 2pm, we knew we were almost there when we saw the beautiful mountains.



We finally arrived at  黒岳 ( Mount Kurodake ). I was well excited to go up the mountain.

Here are some of the photos taken today.












And our #wefies.



Our next stop, 大函 ( Obako ).

It was such a beautiful place. Sadly, the sun wasn't shining anymore as it was getting late. The days are pretty short here during winter. Perhaps tomorrow, I'll be able to take prettier photos of the waterfall. But for now, here are photos from today.









And here's us.


Being the playful girl that I usually am, I decided to do the preying mantis for jokes.


Then my mum goes, "I also can do".


We then drove over to our accommodation for the night - Sounkyo Kanko Hotel.

I'm really sorry to say this, but it was pretty poop to be honest. It wasn't a very enjoyble experience. But hey, on the bright side, at least we have somewhere nice and warm to sleep for the night right ?

The hotel stay came with both a dinner & breakfast buffet. The catch is, you have to be on time. The sucky thing is that you have to fight with all the guests, who apparently, do not know how to queue. They do however know how to push their way through you. I'm sure you can guess which country this tour group came from without me actually having to spell it out.

It was truly a horrific experience.

But hey, a mother's kiss makes the world better doesn't it ?


Oh and whilst we were walking out of the restaurant, I came across this beautiful decoration. I so want this in my living room.


Well, good night from Sounkyo. xxx

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.