Day 7 - Furano to Jouzankei.

October 23, 2015


Today's breakfast was yet again an early one. We went down for breakfast at about 825am and guess what ? We bumped into a Singaporean family at the cafe. In fact, the only people having breakfast in that tiny cafe was us and them.

Our breakfast.


We quickly went back up to pack and checked out of the hotel. We had wanted to visit the glass forest but unfortunately for us, they have been closed since September and they will remain so till spring.

Our highlight of the day - 青い池 ( Blue pond ).

But first, a boring road trip photo !


This was pretty much our view for most of the journey today - Long straight roads. I nearly fell asleep.

So again, we couldn't find the exact location even though we were using the gps. We did however manage to locate the visitor's centre to ask for directions. Good for me because I had wanted to use the loo. But you know what ? It was horrible ! The whole toilet was swarmed with weird looking flies ! I pee-ed and legged it out without my mother.

We re-grouped and then off to the blue pond we went. Apparently we were only 10 minutes away. So again, we actually drove past it.

Are you ready for some spectacular photos of the blue pond ? Well, not so spectacular with my iPhone camera, but it was the most gorgeous pond I've ever seen in my life. If you ever visit Hokkaido, this is a must visit ! It is absolutely stunning.

Here are some of the photos I took today.









I used instagram to filter one of the photos to show you what I saw with my naked eye and this is exactly what it looked like in real life. And no, I am not exaggerating, it was that stunning.


And here are some wefies we took with the pond.




So anyway, we walked further into the pond and there was a another lovely view.





We took a family photo there and whilst getting into position, I was goofing around and somehow we got this candid shot. And we got the most epic photo of 2015.


Don't set your focus on me ( even though I know I'm kawaii ), looking carefully. Laughing yet ?

Okay okay, here's a proper family portrait.


So earlier, we saw this information board and we decided to go check out the waterfall that they mentioned there. It was only a 15 minute drive to the town, which was too bad I guess.

Well, here are some photos.




Next up, lunch !

We went to the hotel where our car was parked to have lunch. It was just convenient.

Well, I couldn't decide whether I wanted the ramen or the curry rice, so I had both.



What can I say ? I love my food and the food here is great.

Well, here comes the most dreaded part. It was a 4 hour car ride to 定山渓 ( Jouzankei ). I honestly wish there was a portal, like in world of warcraft, where you can just go through the portal and boom, you have reached your destination. It would be the most awesome thang ever.

So we stayed in the most traditional lush hotel - Shogetsu grand hotel. It didn't come cheap, but it was awesome.

Well, here's my room for this evening.


We were all extremely tired from that 4 hour car ride and so we decided to just chill out in our hotel rooms. We did however drive to the Lawson just up the road to stock up for the evening. You probably don't know this, but I visit Lawson or any convenient shop on a daily basis to buy milk and snacks. I just can't help it. Now if we had the same standard of convenient shops here in Singapore, I'd be fat !

So dinner today was included with our hotel stay and it was a traditional lush Japanese style meal.

Just checkout the menu.


Before I get to the food, here's a photo with the fam.


Okay, here comes the food.











Food looks fab doesn't it ? It's a pity it didn't taste as good as it looks. But nonetheless, I got to eat with my family and that's more than I can ask for.

So, whilst we were having dinner, the staff set up the futons.


And now, it's time to watch CSI on telly.

Good night from 定山渓. xxx

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.