Day 2 - Hakodate.

October 18, 2015
Loving my second day back home.

Set my alarm for 8am as my mum told me to meet them at the lobby for breakfast at 9am. Spent about 45 minutes at breakfast before heading back up to pack as we were moving to Hakodate Kokusai hotel.

Yagi san came at 11am and took us in 2 trips as we had 2 baggages per person. We quickly checked in and brought our bags up. Managed to snap a few photos of the lovely view from my hotel room accompanied by the loveliest blue skies.



So a few months back, before we even arrived in Japan, I told my mum that I needed to visit my grand-parents grave. The last time I visited, I wasn't even 20. It's due time that I visited them. After we were settled into the new hotel, we went down to Yagi san who was waiting for us. He then took us to the foreigner cemetery. It's the only one in Hakodate. You would have thought this would make it easier to find right ? No, this is where we were wrong. We got off the car and started looking. Bear in mind, I could only rely on my muscle memory from where my dad took me years back. We spent 20 minutes looking but to no avail. Yagi san even went to ask a nearby shop. I was getting desperate as we spent absolute ages looking but we still couldn't find it. I finally decided to call my dad, who was back in Singapore and luckily for me, he picked up, He then told us to go to the Catholic section, which we did and here's where my muscle memory yet again, worked a miracle.

I found them.


So we bought flowers and paid our respect and I told them that I'd visit them again when I next went back home. I'm really glad that I found it, wouldn't have been able to sleep if I didn't.

Our next stop - Onuma park.

It took a 50 minute drive from Hakodate and guess what ? We didn't even get to visit the park as it started raining. He did however drive us in to look for food, but we ended up taking photos of sceneries instead as there was nothing suitable for lunch. Well, it was more me because I wasn't prepared to have coffee and cakes for lunch.




Totally loving the autumn colors.

Yagi san asked me what I really wanted to have back here in Japan and I told him Tai sho ken. And you know what ? I was so lucky that there was one near where we were ! Unfortunately for me, I didn't get to try it even though we were just standing outside.


Oh wells, maybe next time when I go back then.

We ended up at Starbucks which was on the way back to Hakodate. I had a latte and some munchies as it was 4pm and we were going to have dinner in a few hours time.

Yagi san dropped us back at the hotel to let us rest. Here's what my hotel room looks like.


Pretty big huh.

Well, tonight's dinner was with a few of my mother's ex-colleagues from gotoken back when she was in her twenties.

We had a superb dinner.









he food was really fantastic. Freshness was at the next level. How I wish I could move back to Japan. Oh yeah, just so you know, I was full at the chawanmushi but my mum kept telling me to eat. .___.'

After dinner, we said our good-byes and Yagi san took us to have coffee at a coffee shop nearby. It was a really weird place.  I preferred Yagi san's friend's place way more. Kind of wished he took us there instead !

Well, here's a photo of me goofing around just before heading to the car.


Just so you know, it was freezing.

Oh yes, before I go to sleep, I thought I'd share with you the amazing Halloween decoration they have here at the lobby on display.


It's pretty neat, isn't it ?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.