Day 3 - Hakodate to Sapporo.

October 19, 2015
Today was yet another 8am wake up day. Usually takes me an hour to get ready. Sometimes, I honestly wish that I could get ready in 30 minutes, so that I could have an extra 30 minutes of sleep. It works wonders you know ?

Met my parents at the lobby at 9am and went to the cafe for breakfast.

Now this is what I call - superb international breakfast buffet.

Just check out the spread ( they had way more variety, but I just choose a few to display ).








And this was my weird mixture of a breakfast.


We quickly ran back up to pack our mini luggage as we were going on a road trip for a week before Yagi san came to get us. He drove up the hill and showed us where he lived. He then took us to various points to take some photos.




So after we were done, we went to collect our rental car. We were given a brand new white Nissan serena and it looked pretty comfy to be honest. Don't think we would have wanted to be in a sedan car with our up coming road trip with all our baggage.


So by the time we were done with all that paper work and introduction the car, it was way past lunch time and we were all starving. We walked over to the morning market to try our luck. Luckily for us, there was still a few stalls open.

Here's what we had for lunch.





I was feeling a little bit greedy and went for the ramen and rice bowl set. That's like me pigging out, because on normal days, I can't even finish a mini rice bowl.

After fueling up, we walked back to the hotel to get our car and we set off for 札幌 ( Sapporo ). I so wasn't looking forward to that 4 hour drive stated in the itinerary that my mum had planned.

Just check out that long road trip of nothing.


Like seriously, most of the journey was like this and the remaining was spent in pitch darkness. Hokkaido's highway is only lit like 10% of the way, unlike how lucky we are in Singapore where every single street has a street lamp.

We finally arrived to Sapporo at 8pm. We was all so knackered by then. Yes, we didn't move very much, but somehow it is tiring to be sat in a car for 4 hours. We checked into the hotel and went up briefly to freshen up before walking into town to get some dinner.

We settled for yakitori and I'm glad we chose the right place because dinner was good.







Well, I am going to go enjoy my caramel pudding before heading to bed.


Good night from Sapporo. xxx

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.