Day 11 - Hakodate.

October 27, 2015


I had the luxury of sleeping in for an extra hour today, as compared to the past week when we were on our road trip. Once again, I have to mention that the international breakfast buffet at this hotel is amazing ! Plenty of variety and not to mention that free flow of ikura ! It's food heaven if you ask me.

So here's what we did today.

We had originally planned on visiting the Trappist monastery, but we found out that it was an hour and a half drive away from where we were and we all of us had enough of long-ish car rides so we went to the Trappist convent instead which was just a 20 minute drive away.

Here are some of the photos that we took.







We then had a short chill out session at the park next door before heading over to 五稜郭 ( Goryokaku ) . I really enjoyed our walk here. It would have been nice to have gone up the tower and seen the star shaped fort, but we didn't go. Oh wells, next time maybe.

So anyways, here are the photos.













Did you see Uncle Pat's attempt to blend in with us Japanese people ? It was a hilariously good attempt if you ask me ! Most epic photo of the day.

As we were walking back to the car, we came across this souvenir shop and we walked in. Came right back out with lots of munchies to bring back to Singapore.

We headed back for the hotel to leave some of the stuff we had bought as well as a quick freshening up before going down for lunch.

For lunch today, we went to this bar place which was the nearest to our hotel and here's what we had for lunch.





As it was our last day here at Hakodate, we decided to head over to Loiser hotel to get gifts for my friends back in Singapore. I ended up with a box and bags filled with trappist cookies. I'm not quite sure how I am going to repack that, but the thing I dread most is actually the baggage weight. Well, fingers crossed, it'll be alright !

We spent the rest of the evening shopping at 昭和 ( Showa ), although we did leave Uncle Pat behind at the hotel because he's not a big fan of shopping. The first stop was 'ABC mart'. It's this huge ass shoe shop that carries many different brand of shoes. I went in hopes of getting myself the Adidas relace, but sadly, they did not have any size 5 left in black. They did however offer me a pair in grey, but I really only wanted the black pair. After browsing and not being able to find a suitable pair that I fancy, we left. We then went to check out Uniqlo, which was pretty cheap here in Japan, but again, all winter wear with nothing suitable, so we left again without any loot. We looked around and found no suitable place to shop, so we decided to head back.

Before dinner, we headed back to the car rental shop to return the car. Sadly, this means that it is our last night here at Hakodate. I am so going to miss this place. So many memories from both the past and the present, I really want to come back here soon ! Such an irony because I used to go back every year without fail. :(

Well, for dinner tonight, we went to this place called Soup curry / Mei mei tei. There we had a jingisukan ( my father's ultimate favorite, but sadly, he can't be here ). I did however take photos to send him. Hahahaha.





Well, I've got to go pack with my heavy heart now. Lots to pack and I've got to wake up pretty early tomorrow.

Good night from my last night at Hakodate.

~T.T~

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.