Vienna - Day 3.

August 27, 2014
WARNING : PHOTO SPAM.


Tired, tired, tired !

So today again, I was the first one to be done. That meant that I had to wake up at half past 6 in the morning. The taxi came to pick us up at 8am and off we went to the bus stop in town.

The pick-up point was in front of the state opera house and we were right on time. We actually thought that this was the actual tour bus ( it was so comfortable ), but we were wrong. It was only a form of transport that to you to a bus depot where you then find your day tour.



The day tour that my mum had booked was in the Vienna woods & Mayerling.

First stop - Mayerling hunting lodge.

So from town, it took about 45 minutes to get to the Mayerling hunting lodge. We stayed about 15 minutes at the venue and we were done. That's how big the place was. Forgive me for saying this ma, but I wished that we could of gone visit a palace instead !





Well, I guess I shan't complain. I managed to see a beautiful view from the exit.


Next stop - Cistercian Abbey of Heilgenkreuz.

It took us about 30 minutes to get there from the Mayerling hunting lodge. Now this place was absolutely amazing.


















One really interesting fact about this place, is that it is also a theological college for men in preparation for priesthood.

Final stop - Seegrotte.


So this is actually a man made mine. It closed down for a period of time after it got flooded but has been open as a tourist attraction since then.

It was dark and damp, but somehow, I quite liked this place.

We also learnt that the film three musketeers had some scenes shot in that mine.





Because it is stupidly cold down in the mines, they actually have a rental blanket service which we got for my grandmother. But we got separated down there and the blanket ended up with me. I felt really bad because it was really cold, but I guess she had my nice warm cuddly poncho to keep her warm.

So on the way back into town, we managed to pass by Liechtenstein castle. It's a pity we didn't get to visit the site though.


We were all starving by the time the tour had ended. We ended up at some cafe. And here's my miserable sandwich ( which I had with tons of ketchup imagine it was a plate of bolognaise ).


We quickly had our lunch and went onto the hop on / hop off bus before they finished for the day. We passed by quite a few pretty castles today and I had really wanted to visit the Schonbrunn castle. Oh wells, hopefully I'll get to see it someday. I don't know what is it with castles and palaces with me, but I am fascinated by them.


So before we headed home, we had a short walk around town in search of some souvenirs and we passed by Saint Stephens church again, and we decided to take a family photo.


We took a taxi back to the apartment for a short rest. This time, it wasn't just for my grand-mother. I can confidently say that we were all knackered by then.

During that time, my mum tried to find some place to dine and we remembered walking past this Japanese restaurant which I really wanted to go. And being the princess that I am, my wish was granted.

On a random note, check out this beautiful photo that I shot whilst walking to the restaurant.


Somehow, I always thought I should go take up photography. Hehe.

Tonight's dinner - Hidori !

Well, here's us and all the food that we had !












So I supposed to go out with Villy and his mates later in the evening, but we cancelled. My eyes just wouldn't stay open.

Well, I am off to have an early night.

Good night from Vienna !

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.