Vienna - Day 1.

August 25, 2014
Oh so knackered.

I was forced to wake up early today as we had a noon flight to catch to Vienna. I didn't have to worry about packing though, as I had already packed by bags the night before. If there's one thing I hate about budget airlines, is the fact that you have to buy to check in baggages. We each had a handbag and a carry on baggage. 

It took us about an hour to get to Gatwick airport. 

I have never once not made a visit to the counter before checking in which we did today. I felt like a boss to be honest. 

So we got stuck at the x-ray baggage scanner and it wasn't because it was packed. All of our bags came through except for my grand-mother's. Apparently she had forgotten that she had a huge bottle of toner and shampoo in her baggage which they threw away. The best part - My mother told her this morning that we weren't allowed to bring in liquids exceeding 100ml and they had to be put in a ziploc bag. Oh wells, once that was sorted, we went to Boots to get our toiletries. As we didn't have any time to have lunch before we boarded the flight, we went into Pret a manger and got ourselves some sandwiches. 

With my mother around, we don't have to worry about ever being late. Both my granny and her are never late to any appointments. In fact, if my grand-mother is ever late, it's my fault. 


Here comes the continuation of the moaning. 

When it was finally our turn, we were told that we were only allowed one bag. I understand that my porter bag was a little bit huge and so was my mother's, but my granny's tiny hand bag not being allowed either ? What's that about ! I was truly appalled, We had no choice but to squeeze our handbags into our hang luggage. Can you imagine if it wouldn't fit ? 

The flight was delayed slightly and the reason was, some people decided not to fly and so they had to search through the cargo to remove their check-in bags. So the flight was over before we knew it. It took about 2 hours to get to Vienna. I spent the duration of the flight munching on my sandwich, played match dots, listened to music and napped for a short while. 

So we had a driver come pick us up from the airport who then took us to the apartment that my mother had found through air bnb. It took about 45 minutes from the airport to Kaiserstrasse where the apartment was. As you can guess, I spent the whole journey sleeping. 

We got to the apartment and all I can say is it was really pleasant. I really liked the place. It even had a garden for myself to smoke in. The only 2 things that I dislike about the apartment - you had to shower in a bathtub which had no shower curtains and the fact that the windows are overshadowed by opposite apartments which made me think that someone could see me !

Here are some photos of the apartment ( please excuse my poorly taken photos ).




Kitchen.


Garden.


Master bedroom.


Spare room.

As we were all tired, we just rested in the apartments. I was happy because I thought I was able to play tsuritomo, but to my horror, it wouldn't load. My happiness was oh so short lived. Although, I did continue trying all the way till we went out for dinner. 

So have I told you our ritual ? It doesn't matter which county we are on holiday at, the first night's dinner would always be Asian cuisine, and it is most likely this way for the entire duration of the holiday. 

We were clueless and we didn't know which way led to what. We were in the middle of the street and we decided to turn right and we kept walking down. We then came across this Chinese association with lots of Chinese people standing around outside and I walked up and asked if they knew of anywhere we could dine. They told us to walk down to the end of the street and true enough there was this Chinese restaurant.

They had a choice between steamboat and ala-carte, which of course we went for the ala-carte. 

Well, here's what we had.







On a random note, I just realized today, how much I dislike mutton. There's this nasty smell to it. Phew ! And today was the first time I had kang kong without chilli. It was quite tasty to be honest !

After we were done with dinner, we dropped my granny back home before heading out to explore our surroundings. 

Oh yes, when we got back from our walk, there was this power trip and the router restarted and tsuritomo loaded. -Wiggles bum-

Well, I best be off the bed now. We have a day tour tomorrow and I have to wake up at stupid a.m.

Good night, all the way from Vienna !

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.