London 2014 - Day 6.

August 21, 2014


Sightseeing.

I managed to visit all the places I had planned to go to today. Seeing as my time here in London is limited, I had to cover as much grounds as I could !

Instead of taking the tube all the way into central London, I took the train into Marylebone and continued the other half by tube. It was way faster this way. I only wish I figured this out earlier. It would have saved me half my life of travelling time to be honest !

First stop, Tower of London.


I was really lucky as we got to see them planting poppies. It was to commemorate the outbreak of the first world war and it was really pretty.


Next stop was just a few minutes walk away - Tower bridge.

I find it amusing how I lived there for 9 years, but I've never been to look at these beautiful sights.


Oh yes, just for your information, there are many people who mistake the pretty bridge for London bridge. So if you do visit London, it is the Tower bridge that you'd want to visit !

Walked back to the tube station and headed for our next stop - Big Ben.

And across the street from where I was, I managed to get a good view of the London eye.


Next stop - Buckingham palace.

I decided to walk as I thought it was nearby. It was only a station or 2 away. But I was oh so wrong. I walked and walked and it felt like I wasn't getting there. I finally stopped and asked for directions and the nice man told us that I had to walk through Hyde park. I stopped to buy an ice cream. I really wanted to sit in the park under the nice warm sun, but I feared being attacked by pigeons, so I had it whilst walking instead.


After about 45 minutes of walking, I finally made it !



It was way past lunch time by then ! I had to find the nearest tube station and when I looked up for signs, I saw 3 that was all pointed at different directions. I picked one and walked towards it. To my horror, I had to pick the station that was under renovation and was closed. I had no choice but to stop a random person and ask for directions. So I followed it and finally we were on our way to Chinatown.

Today's restaurant pick - Joy King Lau.

Before I share today's lunch, here's the hungry hippo.


And here's what I had.







After lunch, I walked over to Covent garden. It was actually between Camden market and Convent garden, but I ended up choosing Convent garden instead as it was walkable. On the tube map, Camden market looked like it was a mission getting to and it didn't help that I was strapped for time.

The first thing I did when I got there was take a puff. And right beside us was this gold man who was a street act. I was rather fascinated and decided to give him a pound. I regret not taking a photo of him. He was awesome ! So anyways, the Convent garden that I remembered was a little different. It was a little disappointing as there wasn't much to buy.

As I still had an hour or 2 before I had to catch the train back into Denham, I decided to do some souvenir shopping. Surprisingly, I spent that whole duration searching for gifts. But hey, at least I got everything I needed. I had time to walk to Nike where I wanted to have one last look at the shoe that I had contemplated on buying. But I tried it on and it was the most uncomfortable pair of shoes I have ever put on, so didn't get it in the end.

All that walking made me hungry. For dinner, my mother cooked chicken rice. It was awesome !


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.