Monday.

August 04, 2014
It's Monday today and it was also my father's day off. I'm not really used to the idea of his off day being a Monday to be honest. It's just weird.

So anyways, he's been a keen bean recently and has been wanting to watch a horror flick. I searched high and low through each cinema and I finally found a one that was showing only at Katong 112 with the most reasonable time slot. So off to Katong we went. He then suggested to have laska for lunch. What a huge mistake that was.

First off, I'm not a huge fan of laksa. Well, I don't like dishes that is cooked with coconut milk and that includes most desserts as well. But the weird thing is, I totally love drinking fresh coconut. Can someone please explain to me this logic ? It's the same for black sauce as well. When I have half boiled eggs for breakfast. I guarantee that you'll be seeing black. However, when I have chicken rice, I don't take black sauce. What awkward eating habits I have ! :/

Secondly, it was a scorching hot day. Never mind that we were already perspiring whilst walking there, it was not air-conditioned. I could barely finish half of my bowl which of course my daddy finished, but not before his whole shirt was soaking wet. And he said the most retarded thing to me - "This weather is so hot, this bowl is also hot. Eat this and you will feel less hot."


I've never been more happier in my life walking into a mall then I have been today. All that air-conditioning - It was like I walked into heaven. If only Singapore had the four seasons, it'll be perfect.

So Hong hoon was today's movie choice.


I booked the movie without knowing who and what it was about. I only saw the word horror and off we went. So when Ananda Everingham appeared, I was chuffed ! And guess what ? I paid $17 and got the whole cinema to ourselves. What a deal !

So the movie wasn't all that scary, In fact, it was more confusing than it was scary. But the twist at the end is really unexpected, I'd give them that. But who's complaining when I have Ananda Everingham ?

We popped back home before heading out for dinner to bring Tarou chan for his walk.

Today's dinner - Sanpoutei. There aren't any photos because we had the exact same dishes from before :

-もろきゅう ( cucumber with moromi miso )
-メンマ ( bamboo shoots )
-おでん ( oden )
-ポン酢唐揚げ ( ponzu sauce fried chicken )
-カレーライス ( Japanese curry rice )
-醤油らーめん ( Shoyu ramen )

All the above dishes are highly recommended.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.