橋本さんは帰ってきた

August 12, 2014
Papa time of the week !

So when I heard that 橋本さん was back in town, the first thing I really wanted to do was head down to ramen champion and eat a bowl of his tsukemen ( dipping ramen ). The last I heard, he was at the great world city branch. So when we went there and was told that he was at T3, I was disappointed. We still had our lunch there anyway. 

I must say that for lunch time, it was pretty dead. Including us, there was only 5 tables. The only thing I like about the branch at great world city - you get served. The one at Bugis+ runs on a self service system.

I went for the tsukemen of course and my dad went for a bento set.



The verdict :

The tsukemen was such a disappointment. It was a drastic drop in standard compared to when he was with 太勝軒. I'm going to give them a benefit of the doubt and blame it one the fact that he wasn't the one who prepared it.

As for the bento, I only have 2 words for you - Don't bother. I think the bento at Meidiya tastes better. And it's half the price of this.

That was the first and also the last time we're ever going there ! Don't get me wrong though, ramen champion at Bugis+ is still one of my favorite !

We headed over to Bugis to run some errands. My dad was complaining on how bad lunch was and said that he had wanted to have dessert. I then brought him to Ah Chew's dessert where he fell in love with the mango sago. Although it was a super hot day today, and the mango sago would of been perfect, I went for the black sesame rice balls in ginger soup. 



We went back home and decided that we were going to watch a movie. Apart from being a fussy eater, he is also picky with his choice of films. After showing him a few trailers, he finally picked 'Hostage' which was released in 2005. 


The timing was perfect as it was dinner time when the movie had ended. 

For tonight's dinner, we had already planned on dining at 2chefs.

And here's what we had :






Again, each dish was cooked to perfection.

Here's the address in case you missed it in my previous post.

2 Chefs
116 Commonwealth Crescent
#01-129
Singapore 140116

After dinner, my dad requested to watch another film. This time, we watched Olympus has fallen, which I haven't watched. It turned out to be pretty good to be honest !

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.