新年快乐~初一.

February 16, 2018

新年快乐 !

Happy wan wan year everybody !

I wish everyone prosperity, good health and a good year. 

Here's how I spent day 1:

It is the same every single year. My god-parents and my 2 sets of grand-uncles and family, would come over for lunch. Apart from that, this year, we had my mother and uncle Pat as well. For this year, my grand-mother prepared her specialty mee siam ( well, because I requested for it ). 

After lunch, my parents went back to the hotel to rest and I went over in the evening to join them. 

I went over at about 6pm and we had the intention of having dinner at Din tai fung. We walked over to the restaurant, and to our horror, we saw the crowd of people hanging around outside and we thought to ourselves "uh-oh". And that "uh-oh" led to a 2 hour wait. Can you believe it ? A 2 hour wait for Din tai fung !

So, to kill our time, we went to the cafe at the hotel lobby.


Finally, our 2 hour wait was over. Well, almost a 2 and a half hour wait as we were only seated at almost half past 8. I still can't believe it. 

Well, here's us at Din tai fung.







And you know what I've come to realize ? I actually am in love with sweet and sour pork. If it's on the menu, I'd definitely order it. 

After dinner, we had planned to go to the river hong bao. But as we were crossing the Helix bridge, we saw the amount of people from far and we decided that it wasn't going to happen.

I mean like, just take a look at this.


It's like the entire population of Singapore was at the river hong bao. 




So we decided to u-turn and take a walk at Gardens by the bay instead. 

And you know what ? I really enjoyed the walk.





And before I go, I leave you with my #ootd.


Credit goes to my mum for taking the most awesome photo !

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.