DIY Chinese pancake.

August 22, 2021
Chinese pancakes or as we all know it in Singapore as popiah, has always been my mother's favorite. But we don't really have it often, well, because of me. I've never really fancied it to be honest. I don't know what is it with me and bangkuang, but I just don't really like it. 

I'd usually have them as crepes. 

Crepes? Yes crepes! 

Usually, when you buy popiah, they come with paper like skins, but when my granny or mom does it at home, they make their own egg skins, hence I use the term crepe, but in this case, a savory crepe. 


So I basically lay down 1 piece of egg skin, spread a whole load of sweet sauce, followed by the lettuce and then layering everything else except for the chili and bangkuang, roll it up and then munch on it. That's pretty much how I have my popiah. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.