Aunty Pearly's birthday.

November 13, 2020

We were not just out gallivanting today. Today was special. We were out celebrating Aunty Pearly's birthday and here's what we did.

We started the day off with lunch. The reason why we ended up lunching at Hoshino coffee was because of the souffle pancake. Aunty Pearly had suggested going to Flipper's pancake, which had just newly opened about a week ago and we figured that we'd never get a seat and so, I suggested the pancake at Hoshino coffee and we all thought that it'd be easier if we just had lunch as well as afternoon tea at the same place.

Here's what we had for lunch. 





Can you guess which one I had?

If you said the curry baked rice, then you are absolutely correct! That's actually pretty much my standard order if we go to Hoshino coffee. 

Even though we were all full up from lunch, we had two desserts to share. 



I guess it's true when they say that you have a separate stomach for desserts. 

We chotched there till about half past 3 and then we spent the entire time window shopping till it was time for dinner. 

Ah yes, we walked all the way from ION to Orchard gateway, which seems a little far, but when you're just taking a slow slow, with chatters and view of all them Christmas decorations, we made it in no time. 


For dinner, we went to MASA by black society. 

And that's not all. Uncle Andrew joined us as well. I haven't actually seen him since Chinese new year!

So, here's what we had for dinner.







I actually quite enjoyed the food, but do you know what is to die for?

THEM CRAB TARTS. 

Oh em gee. 

It was a tad bit spicy for me, but they were extremely delish! 

I definitely want to go back for more.

And now, for the cake cutting.


Earlier in the day, we had already planned how we were going to get this cake. I wanted it to be a surprise, so I told Aunty Florence that once we have placed our order, I'd ask her to go to the toilet with me, but I don't actually need the toilet really, it was just an excuse to go get the cake. I even pre google-ed to see what cake shops there were nearby. I was kind of hoping that that'd there would be a Chateraise there, but unfortunately, the nearest branch was at ION. But hey, there was a Henri Charpentier just 100m from where we were. It was perfect. Their cakes are pretty good if you ask me and it was the perfect sizing for a mini group. 



So yes, mission accomplished. 

Happy birthday Aunty Pearly!

I hope you enjoyed your day~ 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.