A trip to the vet.

November 23, 2020

This is the second time my poor baby is suffering from uti - urinary tract infection. I wasn't as terrified as I was the first time it happened, but it sure didn't feel good.


It was a little different this time round as well. 


The very first time he had the infection, he actually released a full load onto the couch. Thankfully, our sofa is permanently lined with bedsheets, so it didn't actually get onto the sofa. I even gave him a beating and the full punishment of staying in the toilet overnight. The next day, after he was released from prison, he peed a little bit on the floor in the living room and this time I noticed blood. By that time, I had already shat myself and was on full panic mode. It was Sunday and the vet was closed. I messaged my father and  he very calmly replied that it could just be uti. So, I went and read up the symptoms and true enough, all the symptoms match. He couldn't even pee when we went down on walks. He'd just stop and drop into his peeing stance for ages, but poor baby had no pee. 


This time, as I mentioned above, it was a little different. 


We have already been making him wear diapers since the first incident, just to prevent any accidents. So this time, it started on Saturday morning. He usually sleeps in my grand-mother's room and will come out when she wakes up. I smelt something really bad, but I never expected that it came from him. I only realized when we were just about to go for a walk and I took out his diapers. There was definitely pee in it, but it wasn't a full load, but the smell that came out from it was revolting. It kind of smelt like dried cuttlefish, but maybe try that x100000. Yes, it was really that bad. I did tell my dad, but he told me to just monitor for a few days. So, during his night walk, I noticed pee in his blood and also the fact that he had troubles peeing made me confirm that fact that he probably has uti again. 


Luckily for us, I called this morning and they had a slot in the afternoon. Unlike the first time, we were able to meet face to face with the vet now. It was so much easier! 


So yes, consultation completed, medicine collected. Hopefully, this will be the last time this happens!


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.