The baby eagle has landed.

December 25, 2017
How do you even describe feeling both excited, yet dreading something at the same time ? Well, that was exactly how I felt whilst walking to the boarding gate last night.

Let me elaborate.

 I was getting all excited for various reasons. The main reason was that I knew that I was going to be spending the next 3 weeks with Uncle Pat & my mother. You have to understand that on most years, I only get to see my mother once a year and only 3 weeks at most.

I was also going to be celebrating Christmas and the new year with them in the UK and it's been years since I last did so.

What was I dreading then you ask ? Well, mainly the flight. Even though I fly frequently and have taken the same flight umpteen times before, I still suffer from panic attacks. I've also experienced not being able to sleep the entire 14 hours of the flight and trust me, it is just pure torture.

In fact, the plane tickets were booked right at the last minute because I wasn't sure if I could survive the flight. You have no idea how badly I was dreading it.

Well, here's my flight arriving from Australia to pick us up.


And to get into the Christmas spirit, the entire British Airways crew wore santa hats. Truth be told, it made me feel a little less panicky.


My flight was at 1055pm, so by the time they served dinner, it was Christmas. And I thought that it was really nice that they had Christmas dinner on board. Even though the turkey was super dry, I thoroughly enjoyed it.


Before I boarded the flight, I already knew exactly what I wanted to watch and that was the latest Transformers movie. I managed to watch half of the movie before the entire in flight entertainment system went down. How bad is that ? I was offered champagne, but I don't drink. I was then offered some toiletries from the club world. WOW.

Luckily for me, even though I was majorly uncomfortable, I managed to get a few hours of sleep. Sleep really does wonders if you manage to get any whilst flying.

I woke up with about 5 hours to landing time and whipped out my ipad. I am so glad that I put on a whole bunch of dramas on there. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't take my ipad along with me.

Shortly after, breakfast was served. I had no idea what a frittata was, but I went for it anyway.


I guess that's the first and the last time I'm ever having a frittata then. I dislike green and red peppers and that whole omelette was filled with nothing but green peppers. EWWWWW.

Well, with my drama to keep me entertained, those last 5 hours went by real quick and before we knew it, we were at Heathrow.

And so, the baby eagle has landed.

I am now on a mission to get myself to the arrival halls. WHY DO I HAVE TO ARRIVE AT TERMINAL 5 ?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.