Taipei - Day 1.

December 08, 2017

Today marked day one out of our 5 day brother & sister duo eating trip to Taipei. Yes, that's right, the whole intention of this trip was purely to eat to our hearts content.

Our flight was at 7am, which was the exact same flights that I took the previous times. Despite having to wake up at a horrific timing of 330am to get ready and then be at the airport for 5am, I still prefer this flight, as this means that we get a full day in Taipei. 

Upon arrival, we were welcomed by Rex who then took us to our airbnb accommodation which was located at Taipei city hall. 


I was the one that chose the accommodation as it was cheap and it looked fairly decent on the site. I didn't see a point of renting an expensive accommodation as we would be out pretty much the whole day. I was stressing myself out with all the 'what ifs', but you know what ? It turned out to be pretty nice and korkor liked it, so I was pleased.


The only downside - the tv was placed in front of the sofa. 

So after putting down our luggage and a quick freshen up, Rex took us to have beef noodles at Ximending.








Rex then left us as he had another job to see to and we just stayed on at Ximending.

The first thing we did was get ourselves a cup of milk tea, before setting out to look for an arcade. It didn't take us long before we found a huge arcade located on the 5th floor of some random building. 


This is evidence that my brother is a gaming addict. 

When I finally managed to get him off the machine, we went to get my favorite mochi. It has become a 'first day in Taipei' ritual. 


If you plan on getting one of these mochi on a stick, I highly recommend the soy sauce one. I reckon it's the best one they have.

We then took the metro back to our accommodation where there was this mall I had wanted to visit as they have my favorite Yoshida and co.



I went with the intention of getting myself a bag pack, but I left empty handed as I am still undecided on which color to get. Opinions are much appreciated !

Well, seeing as we both got up at 3am in the morning, Kor thought it'd be best if we have a short rest before heading out again for more eating.

We headed out again, after about 45 minutes. Our original plan was to raid Raohe night market. But unfortunately for us, it was raining, so we had to change our plans.

But just check out the lovely view that we have from the apartment.


We discussed for a bit and agreed to try out this dumpling specialty shop just below our apartment complex, but as it was already half past 10, they had closed for the evening. We then ended up having noodles at another shop which was also in the vicinity.


 
Well, it is about time to retire for the night.

Good night from Taipei. xxx

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.