Taipei - Day 2.

December 09, 2017



It's day 2 of our eating trip and we've done just that.

We started our day fairly late and the first thing we did was not have lunch, but instead, we had to go to the mall to get me a set of heat tech from Uniqlo as I was way too cold.



Yes, I don't do too well in the cold. And it didn't help as it was wet and damp all day as well.

For lunch today, Kor thought he'd take me to have my favorite Din tai fung at Taipei 101. So we braved the cold and legged it all the way there.


The closer we got to Taipei 101, the more excited I got, as I was looking forward to having my favorite dumplings. But the minute we walked through the door, we were in for a rude shock. To be fairly honest, there was heaps of people everywhere, I don't even know where the queue was. I reckon that we would have had to wait for at least an hour though and that was not going to happen.

Kor then suggest that we walk back to Uni-president mall, which is conveniently located just opposite our airbnb and also where we were at before trekking it all the way to Taipei 101. We were clueless as to what restaurants they had there, but he reckoned that there would be lots of choices. We had a look at the directory and it said restaurants on the 7th floor and so off we went to take a look.

We had a choice between Italian, Thai and Chinese and obviously we went to the Chinese restaurant.

And an absolutely great choice it was.





The food looks really simple doesn't it ? But trust me when I say that it's one of the best meals I've ever had in my life. It wasn't overly damaging to the pocket either.

Interested ?

開飯川食堂
Hankyu Uni-president mall
7F B1
No 8, Section 5, Xiaodong Road, Taipei 110

If you're intending to take the metro, the station is Taipei city hall.

After our extremely heavy and satisfying meal, we made our way to the Rilakkuma cafe. Like I mentioned before, this trip was purely for eating. I wasn't kidding.

So with the help of google map, we made it to the shop front and boy was I excited.


I thoroughly regret my decision of turning down my brother's suggestion of having lunch here. After flipping through the menu, I really wish that I had the cutest serving of Japanese curry rice that I would have had in this life, but no, we already had our lunch. Oh well, that's the first thing on my 'to-do-list' when I'm next back in Taipei.

Well, here comes the photo spam.









I don't know about you, but I love Rilakkuma. He is my number one and I just had a need to visit the cafe. I can't comment on the main courses as we didn't have any, but the desserts were fantastic, both in taste and presentation.

Well, just in case you do want to visit, here's where you can find them.

Rilakkuma cafe 拉拉熊咖啡
No.3, Lane 248, Section 4, Zhongxiao East Road, Da'an District, Taipei 106.

Oh yes, apparently, our lucky stars were shining down upon us and we managed to get ourselves a table without a reservation. But on normal days, you would probably need to make a reservation, unless you're feeling lucky like us.

We had to take a short break from eating and we did so by doing some shopping at Ximending.

As for our ruined plan from last night, we managed to visit the Raohe night market today.





As weird as you may find us, our dinner consisted of nothing but dumplings. Can you see how much I love my dumplings now ?

I've had a really good day, but it's now time for bed. All this eating has made me tired.

Good night friends.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.