The empress dowager returns home.

August 24, 2017


Only for 5 days though.

But hey, it's a bonus for me as usually, I only get to see her once a year. So who's complaining ?

Apart from going to the airport to pick up my mother, I spent pretty much the whole day eating.

Lunch was at Standing sushi bar with my dad. It has been ages since our last visit and seeing as they have a $3 per plate of salmon sashimi every Monday and Thursdays, we decided to go.

Can you guess how many portions of salmon sashimi we had between us ?





Well, we had 9 portions of salmon sashimi. ^w^

We then made our way slowly to the airport. The train ride was surprisingly quick, thanks to my father's company.

We decided to have our coffee at the airport as we were afraid that we'd be late picking my mother up if we went somewhere else. The plus point about the Starbucks at the airport - It was directly outside the belt where my mother's baggage would be at, so we could spy on her. Teehee.

We rushed back home as we were expecting Aunty San & Dani over for dinner. As if my grand-mother's specialty mee siam wasn't enough, my mother wanted satay. But you can't blame her really, she only gets to eat it once a year !

It sounds stupid, but yes, we took our first grab ride to the market at Redhill which cost us $5 just to get satays. We ended up walking back home as we couldn't get another grab as it was peak hour. It was a good thing for me though. I needed to walk off them calories I had for lunch.

So anyways, here's what we had for dinner.



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.