Disappointed.

August 26, 2017


I was so looking forward to today because we had planned to go to the night festival. It was the last day of the display today and what a mistake it was choosing the last day to go. I'll go into more details towards the end of this post.

Started the day off with breakfast at the market at Tanglin halt because my grand-mother had wanted my mother to try this chicken rice which she thinks is really good. I had a chicken or two as it was way too early for me to eat. I have very strict eating times and my lunch time is at 12pm.


But hey, at least my mum enjoyed her chicken rice.

We headed over to Orchard road where we met up with Aaron for coffee. He took us to The providore. As I didn't eat earlier, I ordered a full breakfast set. It's usually the only thing I ever order every time I go to a cafe. I like variety you see. With the breakfast set, I get to eat a variety of ingredients. I guess that's why I like economy rice so much.



We parted ways with Aaron after our catch up and we continued on shopping. I managed to get myself a few new pieces of clothing today, so I'm a happy girl.

We rushed back home to put down our shopping and had a quick rest, before heading back into town where we met Cheeyan for dinner.

From my first visit to Tanuki raw, I told my mum that I'd take her, but never got round to doing so. We finally went today and she really enjoyed her beef bowl.


We then took a slow stroll to the National museum where the lights display was. As we were approaching The cathay, I had already started to feel uncomfortable. And then I looked across the street and felt even worse. It was crowded af. We did continue to our destination though. We cut across at SMU and as we were standing at the junction just across from the National museum, I almost had a breakdown. They did ask me if I wanted to go home instead, but you know, I really want to get better and so, I sucked it up and braved it.

But you know what ? It was wasn't worth it.



This was pretty much all we saw.

It was so packed that we had problems walking. And there was this video of the night festival that we saw on facebook that looked so spectacular, which we saw none of. It was so disappointing. There was this super long snaking queue which we suspect led to the other displays that we saw in the video, but when we tried to join the queue, we were told to come back later.

We decided to give up and had coffee at Dal.komm instead.



At least I had an interesting cup of hot chocolate to end my disappointing night.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.