Out with Aunty Linda.

February 15, 2015
Today was a pretty slow, chill out day.

We went to pick my grand-mother from church and headed over to Braddell for lunch. Knowing how much my mother loves her Hainanese chicken rice, I went in search of the best chicken rice in Singapore. After much contemplation, I made the decision of going to Yeo Keng Nam which is located at Braddell.

It was our first time there, and truth be told, they're pretty good !





There's only 2 things that I have to warn you about.

1. Parking can be a bitch there.

2. The shop is pretty tiny, hence the seatings are limited. I suggest you head over earlier if you plan on dining there. We were pretty lucky on getting a table instantly ! Because halfway through our meal, the queue was piling up outside !

Here's where you can find them.

Yeo Keng Nam chicken rice
8 Braddell Road
Singapore 359898

We went home to rest for a little while before heading over to Stranger's reunion to meet Aunty Linda. Ever since I set foot into that cafe and tried their truffles fries, I had wanted to bring my mum there. So I can guess who made the suggestion of visiting today. Hehe.

We already had quite a heavy lunch, but somehow we ended up ordering a portion of truffle fries along with a portion of spam fries.

So anyways, we had a great laugh. Aunty Linda is great fun !

We headed back home and met Aunty Linda again for dinner. We headed over to Jurong point where they had my favorite fish soup served with fried egg white. What can I say ? It's a bowl of pure awesomeness. Both my mother and Aunty Linda agreed whilst the only person who disagreed was my grand-mother. She reckons it's way too salty.

After dinner, we had a craving for something sweet. We walked over to the dessert stall and everything was sold out. We then went up to the food court and it was under renovation. We ended up driving all the way to ABC market just to have a bowl of cheng tng each !

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.