Mama comes home !

February 13, 2015
Today has been the day that I have been looking forward to for the longest time - my mum's coming home !

I checked for the confirmation of arrivals before leaving the house. Reason being, a few years back when I went to pick my mum from the airport, I unknowingly ended up waiting for 3 hours by myself as her flight was delayed, but poor Nana had no clue because she didn't check. Oh wells. Once bitten, twice shy ! We learn from idiotic mistakes don't we ?

These past few years I have been driving through ecp and it was clear traffic all the way through, but no, not today. We honestly thought we were going to be late !


I was in for another shock when we arrived at the airport - you had to park at T2 and take a sky train to T1 as they had closed down the open air car park at T1 to make way for a new mall. As if I wasn't late enough, just when I finally found a lot and had put on the hazard light to reverse in, this asshole Mercedes just drives head in into the lot. I honestly had wanted to get off the car and turn on my rage mode.

Even with all these setbacks, I somehow managed to get there before my mum did ! Hooray ! I attempted to jump onto her as I had tried and failed these past few years, and I failed again this year. I think she has some kind of radar built in her !

So we went back home so that she could freshen up. Afterall, she has just spend an entire day travelling.

For her welcome dinner, we had dinner with Aunty Florence, Uncle Keechye, Nicholas, Aunty Florence's mother, Aunty Pearly, Uncle Henry, Kimberly, Aunty Pearly's sister and my grand-mother at '2chefs'. I can only imagine how badly my mother misses her local delights !

Here's what we had and that includes our first lohei of the year !


Lohei.


Cold cockles.


Deep fried baby squid.


Fried yam sticks.


Spinach cooked with 3 kinds of eggs.


Butter pork ribs.


Curry fish head.


Cereal prawns.


Stir fried fish.



Black pepper beef.

I'm super chuffed that my mum is home and I am looking forward to the 3 weeks that she has here.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.