Day 4 - Langkawi.

January 10, 2019


Good morning Langkawi.

You know what's becoming my daily routine ?

Chasing sunrises and sunsets.


And having breakfast that is.

So before heading out, I took a peek out of the balcony and shat myself.


You see that long ass bridge ? Well, we had to cross that in order to get to our driver as they wouldn't let them in. I mean like, it's alright for me and my mum to walk that, but for my poor granny though ?

Nonetheless, we conquered the bridge after a slow stroll and was greeted by tons of drivers.

But, we already have ours as my mum had pre-booked via Klook. We were just keeping our fingers crossed, in hopes of getting ourselves a good driver.

So when we finally found our driver, we told him that we were only interested in going to the Langkawai skycab and that we'd leave the rest to him.

I was pretty excited when we got there, but got disappointed when we were told that the skycabs will not be taking passengers due to strong winds until further notice. Boo hoo. Maybe next time huh ?





And I really really wanted to go up to the top as well. Oh well. Tough luck.

So you know what I've just realized ?

There's literally nothing at Langkawi bar beaches, resorts and more beaches. Perfect for relaxation and for those you love the sun, sea and sand, literally the opposite of me though.

But, we did explore the beaches and we had a good time despite being barbecued alive.


Then came lunch time and he asked what we would like to have. We then asked him for suggestions and he said "nasi campur", which basically is like economy rice and we were totally up for it.

He took us to the most famous one he knew and you know what kind of luck I have ? I have awesome luck. It was closed. He then took us to the next best one and again, it was closed.

So we ended up going to have some seafood at some fish farm. It was really weird though. I had dejavu of me having been there and I've never been to Langkawi !





That salted egg deep fried kang kong was so good, one wasn't enough. Yes, we had another portion.

After lunch, our driver tried calling his mates to check if the skycab had resumed it's services, but it was still too windy. To be fair though, even if we could go, I wouldn't want to risk it for a biscuit. Can you imagine if we got on and it started to get windy again, it would mean that we'd just be stuck up there in a tiny cabin until they decide that it's safe to resume. Or, let's say we made it to the top and then what ? Camp overnight ? Nah.

He then decided to take us to the famous Langkawi eagle square. It was seriously next level hot, but my mother and I decided that we'd go take a quick photo. #YOLO


To be fair, our driver was awesome.

In actual fact, we had over run our booking with him. But he was really sweet. He did not rush us, nor did he ask for extra money. So my dear friends, if you ever need a driver in Langkawi, do drop me an email and I can pass you his contact details !

As we said our goodbyes, it then hit me then we had to take yet another slow stroll back to the ship.


So near yet so far.

Finally made it back and took a quick rest before dinner. Felt a little bit queasy and I blame it on my greediness. You know that delish salted egg deep fried kang kong we had earlier ? Well, I suspect that it was too greasy for me. All my self control went out the window as soon as I took my first bite.

Decided to skip the entree today and god only knows why I chose to have crabcakes for my main. IT'S DEEP FRIED.


And I had apple pancake for dessert. To be fair, I just wanted to have them apples and ice cream.


You know how we got greeted by a pig yesterday ? Well, we got an elephant today and it was so cute.


And just so you know, when you're bored on a cruise and have nothing better to do, this is what happens.


As usual, my granny would cotch in the room watching the same old replays, whilst my mother and I would go up to the observatory deck for our nightly walks.


I consumed quite a fair amount of ginger tea as well as ginger slices which we had brought along with us and I am feeling better now. Phew.

Good night. xx

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.